• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bit of advise anyone??

Kas

Reaction score
I thought id post this here as i need adivse asap, my OH and i have been tryin to get to see his son, well after a year my OHs ex has decided that she wants us to take him, (long story). The question is, My OH went to lawyer today and asked for a letter to be made up and it has to be signed by her, the thing is shes refusing to sign it at her lawyers and want to go to his instead. Im sire her lawyer has noticed shes a phsyco and wants nothing more to do wit her. Im sure with legally obiding contracts his ex would need her lawyer to act on her behalf. Coz if she signs it at my OHs lawyers office then it would only be his lawyer there present to witness??? Im gettin confused with it all hope you know what im meaning. His exs is just off the fone and im absolutely fumeing we have just spent £100 on this being written up and it has to be signed before we can take him sat agagggghh!!! :wall: XkelX

Can you not go to another solicitor that has no biase against either of you and ask them to witness it.

I know for legal house paperwork and stuff you can do this for a small fee. Don't know if you could with a child involved, but it's worth asking.

Cx

Thanx for your advise charm, i think shel have to see her own solicitor or get another new one if her own one isnt wanting to deal with the matter anymore xkelx

Cant you get the child them apply immediately for a residence order? Were they married i.e. does he have parental responsibility and how old is the child?

As far as I know any neutral person can legally witness a document, not just solicitors? Might be worth a call to your local CAB to find out?

Good luck anyway and hope it gets sorted soon xx

Sorry Girls, we called her the day, it was all crap she was talking, it was attention seeking, she wont sign anything and she says she want us to take him from friday to sunday every 2nd weekend, we said, wed take him every second sat, over night at 1st to see how he settles as we havent had him in almost 8 months. and theres no room for him as yet, coz were gettin the rooms upstairs fixed, she said weve to put a bed in there and let him sleep. My OH explained we wouldnt even put our dog in there, so she said weve to get a sleeping bag and let him sleep on the floor of our babies room. Im not willing to do that floors are for animals to sleep on not kids. We agreed to let him sleep on the sofa, one night and as soon as we get his room sorted wel take him overnight for the whole weekend. Well it didnt suit her, she went ballistic, refused to allow my OH to speak to his son, and filled the weeguys head with mince, weve not to get him at all. Why does she want us to treat her son like that, so she can keep a note of it for the court i supppose. My OH is heartbroken, we both are. We should have stuck to our guns and said no about taking him, its all a game for her, i feel so sad for my Stepson hes goin thru hell with her :cry: XkelX

Minime, he doesnt have parental responsability, they wern't married, and OH pays maintenence every month, he used to have his son more than she did when we 1st met, wasnt til she learned about me she cut the days back, and messed him about with contact, then we had Kaiden and we have hardly seen him since :( , my stepson is now 10yrs, and he wants to see us, problem is his mother is very over powering and hes scared to argue back with her on it XkelX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back