Confused

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
Iv just had a fone call from my ex'a aunty to tell me that his grandma has died. It has upset me i wont deny that cos they were my adopted grandparents in a way. His grandad died in may and now his grandma has gone :cry:
Ic just told my OH that she phoned and i dnt know if hes upset or angry about it but hes just said to leave him out of it and doesnt get why she has phoned to tell me. I dont really understand why hes upset or annoyed really. I was considering going to the funeral but my ex will be there obviously and i wont speak to him after everything with the baby. And i know OH will be upset or maybe even angry if i went. I just dont know what to do to be honest!
Sorry for the rant....im crying right now but mainly because of OHs reaction and im scared iv upset him for good and he will leave me now.

Last edited:
aww hun maybe u should speak to ur OH and see why he doesnt like the idea, explain to him ur not going to have anything to do with ur ex just to pay respects for his nan who was also so good to u ?

He wont come back online and he isnt answering his phone....he says he doesnt want to know about it :cry: i hope he comes round soon...

Why not send flowers and a card instead of going to the funeral? Or make a donation to their chosen charity if those were her wishes?

Hopefully that way you can pay your respects and also keep things on an even keel with your OH (although I do think he's being a bit strange as its not your ex you are going to see after all, but I don't know all the history)

And maybe later you can visit her grave or plaque and leave some flowers? I don't think your OH can begrudge you that, especially as no one else will be around.

Im sorry to hear that hun.

Im afraid to say I think your OH is being a bit selfish, if you we're close to her in the past and would like to pay your respects then I think he has no right to stop you to be honest. So what if your ex is there, he's your ex isnt he? If your BF thinks that your ex may cause trouble etc then maybe he could go with you for some moral support?

I think as Sherlock said some flowers and card may be a good idea if you dont want to go to the service that way it wont cause any rows. I would definately talk to your OH though and find out why he's being a bit off about it though cos its not ur fault you we're called to be told.

Hope you get it sorted hun :hug:

If you want to go I would go. Tell your OH your reasons and that should be enough... he should respect that.

Iv decided not to go to the funeral now just send a card like sherlock sugested.
My mum was gonna come with me but it turns out it was only so she could see him face to face to have a go about what he said about the baby etc...so im just gonna send a card and let them know that im thinking about them.
Thank you all for your sugesstions. I dont know why OH is being like this but oh well...just wont mention anything again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back