Bit of a silly question....

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

This is a bit of a weird one and probably won't be relevant by 15th Feb but ....

Last week when I had my 16 week MW app I took some pee along and she said because i'd eaten before peeing there was sugar in it and if there was sugar in the next one then she'll have to send me for a GTT!!

Firstly she didn't tell me to pee before i've eaten/drunk anything so how was I supposed to know?!:eh:

Secondly - Here's the weird bit - I never have enough pee first thing in the morning! At the moment I get up for a wee 2 hours after I fall asleep so therefore my bladder is empty when I get up in the morning.

Is this making sense?:oooo:

What I want to know is .... When I wake up to pee in the night can I drink a load of water before going back to sleep so I can provide her with a decent pee sample or do I just give her the dribble that I usually do? Surely water at 2 in the morning won't affect a pee that I do 5ish hours later?

I just want to be able to provide her with a 'proper' sized sample! :lol:

Excuse my mental ramblings but it's been bugging me for days :lol:

xxx

I'm sure either would be fine hun. If you just give her your usual morning tinkle I bet that will be enough to test with or if you drink in the night it will have worked through your system by the morning wee and not be too diluted, I would have thought x

Cheers hun! You know what it's like, you think it'll be ok but just need people to tell you! I'd hate for it to be too diluted to spot any sugar if it is diabetes and not just because i'd had brekkie!

xxx

When i went to mine last Thursday i got up an had a wee coz i forgot i needed to do a sample. I thought i would be ok an need to go again coz appointment wasnt till 1ish. I just couldnt go, i drank 3 pints of water an still nothing, so i took the tube with me. I had ate and drank that morning, i finally had a wee while waiting to see her in docs... it just looked like water. I explained but she said its ok as it all goes through the system?! She tested it on the stick thing and didnt say anything about not doing it again.

Although i have to have the diabetes test anyway at 28 weeks coz mum had it with me and brother. So maybe she was looking out for other stuff xxx

Hmm ... Guess i'll just have to pee before eating next time and see what she says!

Cheers hun! :)

xxx

It doesn't have to be first pee does it? I never give her my first one of the day i just squeezed one out as i forgot.x

At my appointment the MW unexpectedly asked for a sample but I had just been. I managed to squeeze out the most pathetic dribble you have ever seen, it was seriously like 4 drops. She managed to test it though and said that they really don't need very much at all, as long as they can wet the end of an absorbant strip thingy its fine

its doesnt have to be fmu hun and ive never heard of the dont eat before doing a sample either

No she didn't say it had to be FMU, she just said don't eat/drink anything before peeing. In fact the student MW who was with her said exactly the same thing!

I just hope the sugar was because of food/drink and not because of anything bad!

Guess i'll just have to wait and see on 15th Feb!

Cheers for the help girls! :)

xxx

i can't imagine a world where I don't get up at least 5 times in the night and still want to pee like crazy in the morning!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back