Bit miffed

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
So I'm only 9 weeks but I let my OH tell his best friend that we are expecting cos like me, he can't hold it in any longer!
Anyway, now his best friend has told his girlfriend, which is not really a surprise. But I keep getting facebook messages from people who know both her and me saying 'is there something I should know, wink wink' etc, and so she's obviously been telling people.

I know she's a gossip anyway but I really didn't expect her to be so bothered that she'd be talking about this! We don't even talk any more although we used to be mates (long story but there aren't any hard feelings so she's not doing it to hurt me).

The thing is, now when I do get to the precious 12 week stage, there's gonna be no-one left to tell cos she's been blabbing.
Really down about the whole thing :(

Sorry to rant but had to get it out!
So close to just telling everyone now because I feel like the 'specialness' of it has gone.
Am probably being over sensitive, but I don't care :p

I'd be miffed too. It's YOUR news so you want to be the one who tells people.

After our scan at ten weeks my OH's ex phoned up his parents and told them! Thank god we'd already told them!!! x I was sooo miffed off! x It isn't fair for her to do this, could you speak to her/her bf/your OH and ask her not to tell anyone else? x it's such a delicate time and very unreasonable of her x

Your totally justified in feeling p****d off about this. I cant wait until 12 week scan when I can tell everyone that I'm pregnant and I would also feel very let down if I didn't get to do this.

awe hun, that's not fair! It's your news to share when the time is right... Just message her on facebook if you can privatley asking het to remain quiet til your 12 weeks gone... hope you're okay xxx

I honestly think some people don't do it to be malicious, they just don't think it through properly before opening their gobs. I agree with Rakrak - you should send her a message and ask her to keep it quiet :)

that's a shame! maybe you should tell people who mean something to you i.e family and close friends, that way you get to share your happy news with them without them hearing it from someone else, granted a bit sooner than you planned! :) congrats!! xxx

That would really do my head in, don't blame you for being upset. Hope you're okay :-( xxx

i would be peed off too, its no one elses place to tell people other than ur own people are so insensitive sometimes!!xxx

aw hun I know how u feel we wanted to tell certain people ourselves and other people have blabbed OUR secret it really annoys me xx

i would too, its your news not hers to go blabbin,

my fella wants to wait til my 20 week scan to tell people, but i think he just wants to do it for the humour value for him cos people allready are asking me if iv given up the gym, cheeky sods!! i think he just wants someone to ask me if im pregnant or just fat, the evil man, lol

but were goin to tell everyone just after my scan on tuesday if everythings ok, i hope to god it is cos im so excited :) xxx

:hug: Sorry she spoiled it hun :(

I've only told my mum and I'm glad :)

Cheers guys, glad I wasn't just over reacting :)
Have told most people now so at least all my close friends know, I'm just glad that the acquaintances who found out didn't tell my close friends cos I think they'd be well peed off they didn't know first!
Have calmed down a bit now, only 2 weeks and a day to go till I'm 12 weeks, so hopefully that will go nice and quick and I can chill out a bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back