Bit annoyed

Penstraze

Reaction score
I told my Mum and sister yesterday that I'm pregnant, I was a little worried bout my sister cause my nephews only 4 months old and thought she might be bit upset with all the pregnancies since she had him (my dad's wife is 22 weeks pregnant and my little sister just had an abortion) and stuff but she was great really suportive. But when I rang my Mum first thing she thought about wasn't me but how my little sister would be upset - its not my fault what choices she makes in her life - and saying my older sister wouldn't be happy either, she did say in the end she was pleased to be a gran again and congratulations but was annoyed it came after thinking bout how other people would feel! Then when I told her we're bringing our wedding forward she moaned how it would be difficult with Dad there and his wife, and I said well we did say no partners so she wont be there, instead of being relieved she moaned did that mean her fella couldn't go and she couldn't see why he can't be there and now I feel stuck in the middle! :evil:

:hug: :hug: awww poor you, when you tell people your expecting you want everyone to be happy for you and tbh i think they should be happy for you and not worrying how your sisters will feel, this will be you baby and not theirs. And why should your older sister be upset? she should be happy that you will both have babies that can grow up together.

When i told my nan i was pregnant she turned round to me and said " what again" that upset me.
I hope eveyone turns out to be really happy for you and as long as you are then stuff everyone else............lol.

:hug: :hug:

don't listen to what other people say i'm pregnant with my 3rd and everyone said oh right is it congratulations or commisirations (sorry for the spelling) if anyone said i'm pregnant my first thought and words would be congratulations.

:hug: CONGRATULATIONS :hug:

Thanks! It has been a hard weekend since we found out with OH not being happy at all at first so now hes coming round and we can start to be pleased about our 'little accident' so would have been nice to have a good reaction! My older sister was great, I was a little worried too how she would react, when she had my nephew we found out just after my Dads wife was pregnant then my nephews first xmas was overshaddowed slightly by my little sister being pregnant and planning to abort, and my older sister got quite upset so was worried with me being due about a month or so before my nephews 1st birthday if she would worry that would be over shaddowed too but shes been brilliant Im glad shes happy for us! My Dad was amazing whilst my OH wasn't happy and I was beside myself with worry he's been a rock and so understanding having not all that long had the shock of going to be a dad again, will be nice (if just a little odd) that there will be less then 6 months between my little brother and child so they can be play mates!

Awww hun sorry people didn't react the way you would have hoped. Someone will always have something to say. I know when I tell a few of my friends they'll say congratulations through gritted teeth. When I told my friend I was pregnant with my son she called me a stupid cow even though she was due to give birth to a baby by a man she had no clue who he is (druken one night stand) and I was in a loving relationship! I told another one of my friends a few weeks ago that we had got a house and she said oh thank god I thought you were gonna say you were pregnant again, now that would be silly. Unknown to her that I was a few weeks pregnant when she said this so I'm not expecting a great reaction from her which is silly cos I'm married, working and have a house!

Isn't it strange though how the people you expect to be fine about it are the ones who end up putting a downer on it? You're excited of course you are, you're having a gorgeous baby and that's all that matters. At the end of the day once the newborn bit has gone you're on your own as a family and then no one bats an eyelid so you can get on with it and enjoy your baby!

People will come around in the end and be excited but all that matters is that you're happy and you have a great pregnancy! Enjoy every moment, it goes stupidly fast! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

Aw, I can imagine you must feel disappointed, as above you want and deserve for everyone to share your joy! I think sometimes people's first reactions are knee-jerk and after actually thinking about the situation they completely change their tune xx

Thanks everyone my older sister is being so nice which is making up for it, is so nice to have her for advice and for our children to be close in age!
Just worrying about the amount of people who have had to be told already when I wanted to keep it quiet until after 12 week scan! :roll: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back