Birthing partners & early visitors.

I didn't want anyone but OH with me and I worried for weeks about how to tell my mum. She thought she was automatically invited (even though she lives 2 and a half hours away) as she had been there for my other siblings first baby.
On the day though, my MIL turned up while I was in the bath in the birth unit with sandwiches etc and I felt so awkward! I felt like I couldn't make any noise through contractions in case I embarrassed myself! I have no idea who let her in either.

I was transferred to another hospital and a few hours later, this midwife pops her head round the door and announces 'your mums here!' I just wanted some privacy. Anyway! My point is, don't worry about it too much, I stressed far too much over it but at the end of the day I was glad for the sandwiches and also the company of my mum. And I know it meant a lot for her to be there. I did kick her out at the pushing part though.

And definitely, make it very clear to midwives that you don't want anyone there, they can be very good bouncers and they prefer less people getting in their way anyway! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back