Breech baby at 34wks

Natasha+1

Reaction score
Hey, I went to see my MW today and she said that I have 2weeks to get baby to turn, but she said if it hasn't turned now she doesn't think it will.. has anyone else been told this? Also she said because it's my first they don't like to try and turn the baby so I will have to prerpare myself for a c-section!! :shock:

I am really scared and also I would really like a natural birth so have been looking into reflexology, accupuncture, massage, and the Webster Technique, can any one advise if any of these have actually worked for you?

I haven't been breech but heard being on all fours can help turn baby!!

That is a horrific thing for your mw to say! You should stay positive and don't need to be told negative things like that!

Get a yoga/birthing ball. Sit on it every day. Get on your knees and lean over the ball. Both of these can help baby to turn.

I would seek other advice regarding them not turning a first baby! Don't accept one persons opininon honey. Also you can attempt natural birth with a breech baby if they're the right kind of breech.

Do not let them force you into something you really don't want. Seek as much advice as you can.

Thank you! I went back to work after my appt and got sent home coz I couldnt stop crying, I was so upset! I REALLY DON'T WANT A CSECTION, IT SCARES ME!! :(

I have a consultation at a private hospital that do the Webster technique so will see what they say..

Definately honey! I'm terrified of c section too so I know how you feel with that!

I think it's completely unproffessional for her to say that to you! If you were 37 weeks I can see it being less likely for baby to turn but not at 34! In fact my midwife told me they wouldn't tell me baby's position until 36/37 weeks as they can still turn!

it's strange isn't it how they do things differently! I read that any technique should be done at about 38wks as they can just turn back b4 then, so I think I will certainly try something to get it to turn, I am not just gunna give up!! Grrrr!!

If you ask at 36 weeks if baby hasn't turned they will try and turn baby for you just coz they don't like doing it doesn't mean they won't if asked so don't let your mw write down you want a section if you don't - plus baby can turn any where upto 36 weeks so I wouldn't worry too much! Try on all fours head near the floor - birthing ball or scrubbing the floors on all fours xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but I think tasha86 had her bump manipulated and baby turned the right way down a few weeks before birth. I believe it was her first baby too!

Don't let ur mw bully you like that - it's still early days yet and there are other options apart from caesareans.

i watched a thing on Portland babies where they use something called moxibustion.. it's something to do with chinese medicine (mug wort) where they burn inscence just near a certain point on your small toe - the midwife on there said it works every time?!!! i don't know much else about it all though!!! apprantyl it is completely harmless - they don't even touch you... !

That sounds awful that your midwife said that. Toby was breech at 35 weeks and turned for 36. The midwives were never concerned about him not turning and they would have attempted ECV at 37 weeks before threatening me with a section...

I did heaps of bouncing on my ball, not sure how helpful it was but it made me feel as though I was doing something to help rather than just waiting

:flower:

Thank you guys, you have all been a great help! Loads of people had said that my MW shouldn't have said that! I am doing possitions daily so fingers crossed! So if I use the ball, is it best to bounce or sway?? my mw just said sit on it but I can't how that's any different to sitting on the edge of the sofa tbh! lol.

I also read today that my drinking more water it creates more amniotic fluid so baby can turn easier... :oooo:

Thanks ladies!! xx :wave:

You can bounce or sway, whatever you feel comfortable doing x

you've got plenty of time for the baby to turn hun, they can turn any time up until birth, my youngest was head down at my 34 week appointment and when they induced me later that week due to him seeming to have lost weight in utero he flipped and went breech on me while i was having contractions so i did unfortunately end up with a section. this time i'm planning on a vbac but have already been told that because i've been having contractions on and off since 27weeks that i have to prepare to have a section if i go into established labour and they can't stop it this time. xx

Thank you again ladies! I will stay possitive but at the same prepare my self for c-sec just in case because they scare me.. I know I'm a scaredy cat but i just go all squeemish at the thought of being cut open whilst awake and feeling the pulling, and then having to do relax while I heal (I am no good at relaxing, I am always on the go!)

Hope all goes well wirenth!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back