Birth Partners

Jaidy

Reaction score
Just wondering whether anyone was having any one else apart from their OH's for their birth partner....??

Im just going to have OH but gonna have mother and father waiting in the wings for afterwards so they can see their first grandchild asap :D

I was going to have my mum and my OH I changed my mind as I think its quite a personal thing childbirth! (As much as I love mummy she will prob do OH's head in as she tends to flap lol)

I am having my DH and plus my best friend who also happens to be a midwife........

mind you , I reckon she will be spending most of her time pourig iced water over DH while he lies prostrate on the floor !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

im the nutter thats having mother and father there...

mummy is cutting the cord and daddy is taking pictures and keeping puke informed who'll be in teh waiting room, ive told him he aint coming in till im stitched and ellouise is cleaned up etc. dads slightly more tactful than mother... mother hates puke and will make it very claer to him so daddy has that responsibility

Well ours was turning into a bit of a circus.... Ian my OH was going to be there. the person who married us last year was going to be there (she's a Buddhist monk) and my friend who is an acupuncturist was going to be there.... As I'd like a home birth I was starting to wonder where everyone would actually fit as our home isn't that big lol. In the end I've bought a tens machine which has details of acupuncture points in it, so I've asked my friend not to be there and the monk is going to be on retreat - and I'm much happier that's is going to be just me, Ian and the MW. I think when it comes to it, I'm just going to want people that know what they're doing lol.

just me and OH for me.

not going to tell mum i'm in labour unless its really long as i know she'll be waiting outside the door and i couldn't handle this, she is far too intense in these situations. :roll: will tell them when it is nearly here and they can start to make there way in, as Oh's parents.

Our hospital is discharging ladies that have given birth within two hours now so i could just arrange to meet them all at home for a sneak preview. :shock:

Doing exactly the same as you Rusks. My mum lives 5 mins round the corner and will be pacing the corriders, doing my head in! Going to get OH to ring her when I'm nearly done!
Just me and my OH :hug:

Just planning on me & my OH, but i know that my brother and OH's mum will no doubt be waiting in the wings, also probably my best friend!

rusks said:
just me and OH for me.

not going to tell mum i'm in labour unless its really long as i know she'll be waiting outside the door and i couldn't handle this, she is far too intense in these situations. :roll: will tell them when it is nearly here and they can start to make there way in, as Oh's parents.

Our hospital is discharging ladies that have given birth within two hours now so i could just arrange to meet them all at home for a sneak preview. :shock:

Discharging ladies in 2 HOURS!! Gosh..dunno if thats a bad thing or a good thing :shock:

i think in a way its very scary but the after care at our hospital is not all that good so its probably a good thing!! you can stay longer if you want.

Oh really, prob best to get outta there then!!

Depends on personal preference and how you feel post birth too I suppose

My OH and my Mum who is a reflexologist, massage therapist, etc. will be there I think. Really wanted my Mum to be there at first, but not so sure now as she keeps stressing about things, especially about me having a home birth. I just want to keep everything as calm as possible.

My hospital discharge you within 6 hours if everything is ok. I think I would rather be at home anyway!

im hoping to be let out of hospital asap, as soon as i kno everything is fine, i wanna be home settling in wtih madam

Yeah, if all's well, i'd like to go home as soon as possible too, get settled in!

Same as you Rusks - My mum is a worryer!!!!

So Me and OH only

My OH and mum would kill each other in the same room and under stress, so I dont want the worry of them falling out...just me and OH going to be there. My OH is really good under pressure and I know he will keep me calm and support me, mum would be an emotional wreck!!

My best friend has sadi she will be at the hoziem waiting in the cafe area for some support for OH-fags and coffee when he needs a break etc. She is going down south for christmas so told me to cross my legs until she gets back :rotfl:

I had my OH and my mom present at the birth of both my daughters, however this time, my whole family is away on holiday on my due date, but if i'm early or late i will have my mom there again. Even my OH says it helps as when he went to the toilet or to make a phone call i kept panicing and wouldnt wanna be alone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back