Birthing/exercise balls

Rachel1509

Reaction score
I've read things on the internet about how good birthing balls can be during labour and contractions, so while out shopping today I decided to treat myself and get one!

I've got just a plain ball from Argos at £6.99 which was in the exercise section and has no mention of using it during pregnancy and birth, but I'm sure I've seen posts on here about them all been the same?
I got it home and while OH blew it up for me, I looked on the leaflet it came with and it said 'Not to be used during the pregnancy period'. Is this just them covering their backs? I will be ok on it.. won't I? :oooo:

i am using mine and it is just an excersise ball from tescos. Think as long as it is big enough so that your pelvis is higher than your knees then its ok. With a lot of things they cant advertise as being for pregnant women unless it has more testing and if it is a cheaper one then they prob wouldnt bother!!!
xxxx

My midwife told me to just get a standard exercise ball from argos or wherever, so it should be fine. I think you're probably right about them covering themselves.

I think I had the same one!! Never did me any harm.

I got one outta asda - granted its not outta the box yet - but i think quite a lot of the ladies on here just have ordinary excercise ones.xxx

Well that's cleared that up! I shall get bouncing away!

Thanks ladies :love:

The only thing i was warned about was to make sure it was a non bursting one just in case x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back