Birth story of James Edward Barnett 8/3/2012

vickib_1984

Reaction score
I went in for induction on Thursday 8th march and had to be there for 8am......Thomas was at sil so was quite relaxed and looking forward to meeting our long awaited baby who was 12 days late!!!!! Arrived in the ward and was examined and 1cm dilated, got put on the monitor and baby was perfectly happy. I was given the gel at 10 and put back on the monitor for half an hour to make sure James coped needless to say he didn't bat a eye lid lol for too relaxed for my liking!!!!! After we went for a walk and pottered about until about 12 and had lunch.......by about 2 I was having tightenings but weren't regular and after examination left again until 6 by that time they were still irregular and could talk through them was examined and told there was no change but was to be left without another dose of gel as monitor was picking them up.....I was gutted!!!!!! At 6.30 things really kicked into gear contractions were coming every 2 mins and so painful I was in tears!!!! Jonathan called the mw back and she examined me expecting nothing to have changed when it turns out I was 4cm dilated!!!! All in the space of 15 mins!!! They took me straight down to labour ward where I had a lovely mw and things progressed well, come 8.30 I started being sick and nearly collapsed with the pain still no pain relief at this point!!!! I begged for anti sickness as I hate being sick but dust have it at that point. An hour later I was suck again and begged for pethedine which I got and a dose of anti sickness meds!!!! Omg that was heaven sickness went away straight away but I have to say the pethedine was shit only made me sleepy. I dosed in between contractions until I shouted to Jonathan I need a wee and to push at 10.30 with that my waters broke and delivery was to commence I was pushing and by 11pm was 10cm dilated i pushed and begged for the midwife to cut him out it was that painful. Jonathan was great supported me no end and Anna my mw was fantastic by 11.39 my baby was born and placed on me and cried instantly. He weighed 8lb 4.5oz and is perfect. I was told inductions can take ages and can be very intense my labour was 5hours and 13mins and very intense but worth every minute.

Here are a couple of pics

Thank you for all your support throughout my pregnancy and I wish all the luck in the world with your babies :) xxxxxxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752848.591827.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752848.591827.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 31
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752872.951292.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752872.951292.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752887.876142.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331752887.876142.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 27
Aw congratulations he's beautiful and wow for the quick labour

(my shortest labour was 12hrs 51mins! ) xx

Congratulations he's gorgeous :) xx

Congrats hun, lovely story.

And what a cutie!!

Awwww amazing hun. Congrats hes beautiful. Well done, its sounds like u did great!! xxx

Beautiful boy!!! Welldone!!!
With you on the anti sickness injections. I'll be asking for that before I ask for pain relief!!!
Congrats xxx

I wasn't allowed the anti sickness until I'd had my pethadine for some reason but omg was fab stuff!! Lol I hate being sick and it was only when I had a really bad contraction xx

oh what a cutie! congratulations!! what a quick labour!

Aw congratulations he's beautiful and wow for the quick labour.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back