Birth Plans

megsmeadow

Reaction score
I remember reading a thread on here a while back about birth plans and some people were able to share theirs, which was very helpful. I was just wondering how much attention is paid to the birth plan by staff when it comes to it? Did staff respect your wishes or did you have a fight on your hands to get what you wanted?

My friends have told me that no one actually read their birth plans or even discussed them, more that they were asked their preference when a decision was to be made, or the decision was made for them!

Last edited:
I never wrote one (left it too late), and was never asked if I had one. In my case it was good because my delivery was nothing like I had planned in my head as I had to be induced with pre-eclampsia.

I never made one with either of my boys.. all i knew was that i didn't want no more gas and air as pain relief.

I won't have a birth plan with this one either. I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

Last edited:
thanks for this thread megs, i'm feeling the same too like is there much point to writing one? i know what i want in my head.. i hope that's good enough!!

And I'm not sure how much 'fight' I'll have in me when it comes to it. I think I might write one, just one of the checklist type ones you can download and make sure my OH knows what's in it but I'm starting to expect that things will happen round about me rather than me deciding what I want!

I didn't have a birth plan with DD but I'm going to ask my mw about writing one this time x I've read a few home birth stories where people have had to fight to have the home birth they want because of so called 'staff shortages'. I'm also much clearer about what I do/do not want this time round such as no episiostomy etc I think if there's a birth plan in notes mw's will read them x I want OH completely clear about what I want so he can reinforce what I'm saying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back