Need a birth plan sample??

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Kerry, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

Just saw a post on another thread about birth plans.

Working as a doula I have 2 different sample birth plans that I am more than happy to email people if they need some ideas of what to out in theirs etc, they are ones I have put together myself over the years using all sorts of other sources.

Just pm or email me if you want them.

Much love
    xx

2. melhoney

melhoney Well-Known Member

sorry, if I sound ignorant, but...hwta is a birth plan?????????
    I had never heard about it before!
    Help needed, please!!!

Thanks in advance!
    mel xx

3. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

when you go into labour the midwife will ask if you have a birth plan - then they will follow your wishes during the birth (supposedly) it contains of you want pain relief, who you want with you in labour, if you want syntometrine, if you want baby to have vitamin K injection etc etc - just because making decisions in labour is hard so if you have it all planned out before then its easier.

4. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

Me please Kerry! I dont know where to start and got asked by midwife if i had sorted one after my little 'episode' the other night!

One thing i have a really strong reeling about is that i desperatly want Ross to be the one that cuts the cord. Do they let you do this if you say you want it, or are there things to take into consideration?

:D