Birth plan

Izzy

Reaction score
When do you start thinking about making your birth plan?

I haven't given mine a moment's thought yet because i was expecting my midwife to help me make one, but the only thing we've even touched on is what hospital i go to! :?

Its starting to dawn on me now i haven't really got long left... Am i suppose to just write it myself? And when do you write it? I have no idea what will happen or what to expect so i'm struggling a bit!! Sorry if this sounds a bit silly!

Any tips? Please :(

Izzyx

you need to think about what sort of birth you would like.
Such as what pain relief if any you might want or definately don't want.
Who do you want at the birth?
do you want to wait untl the umbilical cord has stopped pulasting before it is clamped?
Do you want the baby put straight onto your chest or cleaned up first?
Do you want to put baby to breast straight away (advisable)
erm :think:
How long do you want to stay in hospital?
Do you want to be strapped to a fetal hear monitor or do you want intermitant monitoring?

ill think of more in a bit :hug:

yeah like budge said uve just 2 make a rough idea of what u want ets id leave it pretty much open tho cos anythin can happen!!!!

i never did one for my first two but i did for my third.
I think its more for the midwives really. So they know whats what. My last birth was the nicest i must say. :D

i didnt with my first 2 neither i do definatly want to do one with this one though even if its just something in there about my SPD so that they are aware of it without me having to scream at them :lol: really should do it soon though have a feeling il have her before monday night :think: and if i dont i wont be happy :shakehead: :lol:

I didnt write one down with my first baby, they just asked me loads of questions while i was in labour.

I dont suppose i need to wirte one this time either cos iam having a c section
:hug:

yeah if you don't do one they sort of do a mini one while you're puffing and panting and writhing around in agony.

do you have to do one for a c section? :think:

i woulnd not of thought so dont know to be honest will ask MW next wed :D

:hug:

To be honest my birthplan wasnt worth the paper it was written on. Most of it went out the window as my labour didnt go to plan so I'm not even bothering this time. I've discussed what I want with my hubby and figure I'll just take it as it comes and make decisions as and when it happens. The only things I will say is
1. Yes give me the injection to help me deliver the placenta
2. Yes give my child the vitamin K injection after delivery
3. If I need a c section then do one
4. I want my hubby with me at all times

I had a c section booked so didnt bother, I did it naturally in the end and the only thing I put in my birth plan was that my DH & mum were my birth partners

i never made a birth plan???

never heard of one, and do the midwifes take any notice???? mine were horrid to me i told them i wanted kris to cut the cord they didnt ask him, i told them i wanted both babies to be lifted straight on to me they wernt (think thats because they were not breathing to good?)
i said i didnt want my waters breaking but by 10cm they hadnt broke i was still refusing untill the nurse pinned my legs down while the other one pooped my waters :twisted:

Oh Dionne, that is bloody terrible. I found that some midwifes are born to do it and love their job and then there are some that just see it as a job and their heart is not in it

There should be a list of questions/answers in the back of your pink pregnancy folder thingy you take to the midwife.

My birth plan was go with the flow really as it was my first so didn't know what to expect. I didn't really want to have an epidural but once the pain got too bad I was pleading for it!.
We did want my DH to cut the cord which he did.
I wanted the baby put on my chest as soon as possible.
I wanted the injection to deliver the placenta.
Jamie had the vit K injection.

The midwives at the hospital didn't really look at the plan i'd written & just asked me what I wanted at the time.

Eveadel said:
Oh Dionne, that is bloody terrible. I found that some midwifes are born to do it and love their job and then there are some that just see it as a job and their heart is not in it

with Dior the MW was lovely her shift finished at 1pm yet she said she was staying till the end to see if it was a boy/girl i finaly gave birth at 2.30pm sHe was great she gave me a big hug and said well done.

the one with Harley was horrid i asked her for gas and air when i was 8cm she said no not yet i asked why she said i cant find a mouth piece??

by then i was fuming i screamed look bloody harder she nutted and stormed of after 10mins came back with one.

i heard her on the phone to special care unit asking for a nurse to co me quick., i said oh no is some thing wrong she replyed "you shouldnt be listening" grrrrrrrrrrr

im still waiting to bump into her one da in town :twisted:

bloody hell dionne... i don't blame you! i hope you do see her about town. What a cheeky cow..

What is the vit K injection? anyone.

I've done a birth plan..but i know anything can hapen.. so i've sort of just specified things i really really want like my husband there all the time. (mum too if possible) I don't want pethedine or diamorphine... if i can't take the pain i want an epidural as soon as possible... I would like to stay active as much as possible until i have epidural.

x

budge said:
How long do you want to stay in hospital?

Do you think if I write a birth plan and ORDER them to let me go home straight after the birth they will let me? :lol:

Didnt make a birth plan when I had Zack, didnt see the point :?
Starting to write one now though.

hayley said:
bloody hell dionne... i don't blame you! i hope you do see her about town. What a cheeky cow..

What is the vit K injection? anyone.

I've done a birth plan..but i know anything can hapen.. so i've sort of just specified things i really really want like my husband there all the time. (mum too if possible) I don't want pethedine or diamorphine... if i can't take the pain i want an epidural as soon as possible... I would like to stay active as much as possible until i have epidural.

x

Hi Hayley,

Here's a link all about the vit K injection. They'll ask you at the hospital if you want your bubs to have one. Our midwife gave us a leaflet to read then we had to sign a consent form when we got there.x

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/vitamink/

thanks for that nicki... your little boy is a right cutie..
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back