Birth plan - midwife

Nic36

Reaction score
I have my 36 week midwife appointment tomorrow and we are supposed to be discussing my birth plan. Am I suppose t have something already prepared when I go or will she just talk me through it? I haven't written anything down yet, but have ideas in my head.

I've got mine on wednesday, i've written loads on a word doc and gonna print out out, and ask here what she thinks i should reword / change etc xx

I've got mine on wednesday, i've written loads on a word doc and gonna print out out, and ask here what she thinks i should reword / change etc xx

Oh so maybe I should draft something tonight then - might be better. Thanks! X

I just used the back page of my green book, and did a section for each of the points it asks about (Pages 26&27) Gives you an idea about what to write about and things to consider. i've probably wrote too much (done a whole page on size 9 font lol) but will get her to cross out whats not needed x

I don't have a green book... :/ is that the same as the White notes? Haven't noticed any pointers in there, but have found a few ideas online. Think I will just bllet point my thoughts and then see what the midwife thinks! :)

At my mw appt today they said we would discuss at my next appt on 30th as my active birth class isn't until 27th!

I have a couple of ideas but not written anythin down yet.

My midwife said we'll discuss at 36 weeks appointment. I guess they wait til then as if baby is earlier it probably changes everything. When I had signs of early labour at 31 weeks and stayed in hospital over night the MW said if baby comes now it may not be in correct position as I have excess fluid and it's too unstable in there so might be c section! the closer to 37 weeks we are the more likely we are to get our plan.

My midwife hasn't mentioned it yet, and I'm seeing the GP for my 36 week appointment, so won't see my midwife again until week 38! I have written my birth plan myself now though, so should anything happen before that I have it ready, and if not then I can talk it through with her at my 38 week appointment. Seems like a good idea to have at least some points written down, for your own sake, to get the most out of it.

My midwife hasnt mentioned any birth plan to me either.
I have my 36 week app on Wednesday afternoon so will find out then I guess.

I haven't really made a start with mine either oopssie x

Thanks everyone! I have drafted a birth plan now so am happy that I have something to discuss with her tomorrow. Then I can make amendments after speaking with her. :)

They have a template type one on the NHS website, did you see that one Nic? x

They have a template type one on the NHS website, did you see that one Nic? x

Oh no - didn't see that! I kind of used the points in the White notes and padded it out a bit with things I remember from the antenatal classes. I'm sure the midwife will tell me if I've missed anything. X

My MW offered me the choice if I want to write one or not, which I do, although it may not follow the paper, but she said just let me know next appointment and we will arrange another appointment!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back