biological fathers rights

Also in regards to benefits, I wasn't saying you need to sign on but with a single income you're entitled to money from maternity and sure start grants and monthly money such as child benefit and child tax credits. People who are on low income, couples even get them too. Just look into to it whether you quality and it will make your life easier. Also painting walls is a piece of piss. My mom decorated the entire house whilst pregnant with my youngest sister. Just ask family, friends ect to give you a helping hand with things.

I re did a whole house single handed, (from a ruin and i mean no floor or joists etc) my dh had work and the house needed doing before we could move in, I fit new radiators and a new bathroom, stripped the whole house, painted the house, helped put up a stud wall and new celing and floor joists and flooring. Helped carry stone when the windows where being put in. mixed cement to fill in holes and point. The only thing i didnt do was the electrics, fit the kitchen or plastering. All while heavly pregnant and on maternity leave. We couldn't afford to get builders in.

When i was pregnant before maternity i was working as a plumber fitting heating, bathrooms etc. Honestly we can do a lot more than we think and its great to get some good life skills in.

This isnt to say your lazy but its to say even with the dad in the babys life there are times that we need to get things done alone. My husband now hasnt decorated ive done it all id be waiting forever for him to get it done.

yes all of the above is what i am having todo when i say decorating i don't mean just painting my daughters room baby pink and putting up furniture i mean this flat has no toilet sink bath or working kitchen I've just finished paying the plasterers and moving on to the next but unfortunately i do have to pay handy men and professionals as I'm not skilled in trade or building or plumbing work well done you though.
its not his responsibility to help and not does he have to just at one point we spoke about living together and sometimes when your struggling you think of who you have to turn to ask help from and obviously not him , everyone is right its not his responsibility to help.

Painting your baby's wall is for you not her. Baby isn't going to pick up a roller and crack on and won't care what colour it is.

when i say decorating i don't mean just painting my daughters room baby pink and putting up furniture i mean this flat has no toilet sink bath or working kitchen I've just finished paying the plasterers and moving on to the next but unfortunately i do have to pay handy men and professionals as I'm not skilled in trade or building or plumbing work well done you though.
its not his responsibility to help and not does he have to just at one point we spoke about living together and sometimes when your struggling you think of who you have to turn to ask help from and obviously not him , everyone is right its not his responsibility to help.

and i still havnt heard from him so guess il just wait until he's ready in the mean time i should stop being so whiney i guess, thanks for the constructive criticism

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I guess you just need to wait and see what happen once the baby is born. It can be really tough for a man to connect with a baby when it's not been born yet.

If you are certain he is the father I think it would be really unfair not to put him on the birth certificate (and harder for you to get financial support) and I think it would be horrible for you to put someone else's name on.

You say you'd like more support have you asked him to help buy bottles etc? It may be that it hasn't crossed his mind. Although I definitely don't think you should be expecting any kind of help with your home. You could definitely get your home into a more habitable state on your own.

Have you told his mother you're struggling money wise? She might be able to give him a little kick up the bum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back