Bigger Baby

Jennster_FTM

Reaction score
I'll be 39w on Fri and just had another growth scan today which shows bub is currently around 8lb6 already :shock:

They've said bubs just a normal chunky baby and nothing to worry about.

Just wondered if anyone else has been told this and their baby's turned out to be smaller?

FTM
x

My diabetic friend was told at 35w her baby was already 8lb! She was induced at 38w and gave birth to a 6lb 13oz baby. They are notoriously unreliable! That said, don't let a big baby scare you. I fully expected an "average" size baby with my first, predicted around 8lb, he was 9lb 12oz! No problems with birth at all xx

I agree. I think they say they get it wrong about 40% of the time. Also like tigger says a bigger baby doesn't necessarily mean you will have problems. DS turned out to be 11lbs! The labour and birth was fine, all natural, and not even a stitch after. My labour with DD was harder.

I wouldn't worry, my first was expected to be over 10lbs at 40 wks! She ended up being 2 wks late and only 8lbs 12 so measurements are never exact! X

My diabetic friend was induced at 36 weeks due to reduced movements and he was nearly 10lb, imagine if she had gone full term......

But I was told My baby was small (no growth since 32 weeks) 2 years ago and he was born at 38 weeks a healthy 6lb 10oz which shows they're not 100% accurate x

Last edited:
Aww thanks for your comments ladies, I think I needed the reassuring haha xx

My sister had a scan at 40 weeks to check babies position and they told her he was 7lb- he arrived a week later at 10lb7oz- he wasn't chunky but very very long xx

Ds2 was predicted to be 9oz and I was induced as the consultant was concerned he would get too big for my petite 5ft frame to birth. He arrived at 41 weeks exactly at 8 lb 9oz after a 3 hour labour and 10 minutes of active pushing!! Have an upright labour as much as possible, gravity will really help!

My last growth scan with my DS1 was at 36wks and he was 7lb 6 on that scan.
He arrived 41+3 weighing 9lb 9.5oz..

I had a growth scan yesterday for my DS2 and i was 39+5 and he was est 8lb 11oz on that scan..
Im due tomorrow (no signs tho) so if he goes overdue im probs in For another 9lber.

Scans can be wrong though!

But im 6ft and the boys dad is 6ft1 i was also 10lb 7 born so i just cant see me having small babies anyway lol Xx

I have big babies as standard but apparently they're easier to birth as the weight helps them out. I wouldn't worry too much about how much baby weighs, by the time you know you'll have done the hard work anyway xx

My last growth scan with my DS1 was at 36wks and he was 7lb 6 on that scan.
He arrived 41+3 weighing 9lb 9.5oz..

I had a growth scan yesterday for my DS2 and i was 39+5 and he was est 8lb 11oz on that scan..
Im due tomorrow (no signs tho) so if he goes overdue im probs in For another 9lber.

Scans can be wrong though!

But im 6ft and the boys dad is 6ft1 i was also 10lb 7 born so i just cant see me having small babies anyway lol Xx

Oooh good luck, fingers crossed you won't have long to wait!

Same with us really, we were both bigger 8lb babies and my hubby is quite tall so we knew we weren't likely to have a small baby too.

Personally we don't mind having a chubster, we know a few babies born 6/7lb and they seem tiny and with us being first time parents we feel that we'd worry more if she was tiny.

It is pretty crazy mind how just by taking certain measurements from scan they can predict weight lol

I no thats why i never take the est weights to seriously as if they stood me nect to another 6ft tall women i wouldnt be the same weight lol!

Same for my little boy. Hes 3 and half ft and hes 2.5yrs old lol. But i no kids younger/older than weight more/less and again not even same height!

The amount of women on here too that have had growth scans and been pounds out even just delivering a few days after!! Bonkers!

But i agree chubby babas r the best! Annoying that the clothes sizes dnt last more than a few wears lol! But still u gotta love fat thighs hehe! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back