Big Surname Problem

See if it was Erin Rose Russell.... no... and oh gosh her initials would be ERM.... no. I didn't realise how bad our name was until this thread. OK it's not quite Erin Rose Mycock.... but it's almost there. Oh gosh lol.

The point is though, Russell isnt even that bad of a name, plenty of famous Russell's... People kids mainly will find anything. I bet even Smith sometimes get funny nicknames :lol:

xxxx

Yeah also kids are just cruel, and will find anything they can to take the p out of other kids. I've got a boys name for a middle name, and I got a lot of grief!

Until I explained why I have the name (named after my mums best friend who died while she was pregnant with me) - that soon shut them up!

Insert foot in mouth.... Yeah my friends wee boys middle name is Linsday which can be a surname but its after her little sis who was run over by the ice cream van very young.

xxx

If you do have to go with Mycock, just don't go with Pierce ;-)

I think I would put my surname first and legally double barrel it, but then when the school asks about name preferences say you just want the first surname used. You can always say two names is too much for the little one when writing his/her name :)
When they're older they can choose to just use one as well xx

My friend was told that if you want to double barrel a surname, with a plan to drop one of the names later, the one you want to drop should come first so that later it will just be treated as a middle name and the person will be known as their first and last name.

It would make sense to have the name you want to use as the last double barrelled name.

My neice has her dads surname, then her mums. But that was so he would propose now my neice is known as their surname now. But on the cert SILs surname comes last. Looks stupid.

xx_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back