Big Move....Too Scary

millylillyrose

Reaction score
Ok we've been expecting to leave the UK at some point, but my husband just got the final offer.
Im totally terrified to tell my family, we've been planing this since before we found out i was pregnant, and now its like a massive blow to them, like...oh we're having a baby and by the way, your never going to see it, we're moving to Tennessee. UGH, they're going to be crushed. my mum doesnt fly and my brother moved to china when he got married and had a baby, now im her youngest and my older sister is already jealous im having a baby cuz she thinks she should have been next.
They want him to start mid March, which is NOT going to happen, we'll probably be leaving mid April.
How the hell am i suposed to tell them?????????

Oh Milly i'm so sorry for your dilema and I really don't know what to advise you as I've never really been in that situation. Well we moved 3 hrs away from home and it was hard as didnt get to see family as much as we would have wanted and vice versa and Joanna took longer to bond with them as she would only see them once a month but at least she got to see them, tennessee and the uk is a little bit further lol. Do you have any plans on how often you'll come back to the uk? Have answers ready if possible!!!! At the end of the day you've got to do what is right for your family as in you, your OH and the baby. Good Luck :hug: :hug:

How exciting for you. Does your family know they you were planning to move? There are always webcams and email with pictures so they can see baby grow up.

i think we'd get to come back once a year....maybe twice, but definatly once. other than my mum i think everyone would be able to come out once to us too!
Its so the right thing for us to do this money wise and i think it will be an adventure too.
So bitter sweet!

try and look on the up side of things, it will be an amazing adventure! :D

My husband and I moved from America to London about two years ago and I was terrified to tell my family. (I wasn't pregnant at the time though) They were upset at first, but they got over it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although they miss us lots, they now realise that is was a good move for us and they are really happy for us. Like someone else said, you have to do what's right for you and you're family. Good luck!

I don't have any advice to give you but I'm sure they'll understand it's the right decision for you in the end. Good luck :hug: :hug:

Good luck telling your family, the sooner you get it over with, the more time they'll have to get used to the idea :hug:

Hopefully it'll give your Mum the incentive to fly over and visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back