Big Bump?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Hey all,

I saw my friend today, we met for lunch at a country pub and she brought her 4 week old baby. I havn't seen her for 3 weeks.

When I got the car she gasped, laughed and then almost screamed "OH MY GOD YOU ARE MASSIVE!!!" then she said " I'M SURE I WAS NEVER THAT BIG!!"

She just kept looking at me mumbleing how she couldnt believe the size of my bump. I laughed it off.

Then we went in the pub, and the man serving said to me "So how long you got left?" I said "Oh about 6 or 7 weeks" to which he responded "NO WAY - BUT YOUR HUGE!!" I said "oh thanks" and he said "ARE YOU SURE THERE IS JUST ONE IN THERE???!!"

Now i am completely paranoid!!

I have a MW appointment tomorrow, so I guess I'll get measured then. I havn't been measured since 27 weeks, so we'll see......

Hope everyone else is ok!

Piglet xx

Hey Piglet,

Some people are really insensitive, aren't they?! I hate it when people comment on my bump size as it is something I get really worried about.

You'd think your friend who had just had a baby would have been a little bit more sensitive too!

Why don't you post a bump pic so we can see and then let you know that you are just like the rest of us - or have a flick through the pics in the Tummy Pics sticky at the top of this page?

Valentine xxx

i had a massive bump ppl said to me "a couple of weeks to go then" when i was only about 32 weeks i was like "a couple of months more like" lol

i'm only 5'4" and hav a small frame i think it seems bigger if ur only tiny xx

I think people need new lines for when they see apregnant lady, its like their brain doesn't work and all they can say is 'ooh your huge', very original arent they :roll:
:hug: pigletpoo :hug: just remember that bump is keeping LO safe and happy, try not to mind what others say :hug:

Try not to worry hun. My cousin said to me when I was 6 months that she wasnt as big as me when she was full term. It made me feel really crappy but my uncle told me later she was talking crap and just to ignore her.

Ive had people tell me Im big and other ppl saying Im small :roll:

Big hugs for you, dont let people get to you. Just try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug:

dont let it bother you, everyones different.

Depends on height and build,how the baby is laying,the amount of water your carrying, the placents etc.

Tell them to bog off in future. Someone ssaid to me yesterday i was 'massive' and i said well with less then 5 weeks to go what do you expect?soon shut them up :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'll bet you're measuring fine, it's just peoples sensitivity chip missing. I get the 'are you sure there's only one in there' comment almost daily and it's starting to drive me crazy! :x

Good luck with your midwife appt! :hug:

its ok hun, try not to let them make you feel like your huge, it really does depend on your build and also if its your first pregnancy its common to gain a lot more. i am always being told i am huge and everyone keeps sayin this one is goin to be bigger becus i wasnt this big with my first but the only thing that different is that all my weght has gone on my bump and not all over.

we can have a compare if it makes you feel better. i am carrying quite low tho as she has got her head down and measuring around my bump at the biggest part when looking in mirror i am 125cm which is about 49 inches.

xxxxxx

I started showing really early and lots of people said "are you sure there's only one in there" I just had to laugh it off but it did make me a bit paranoid. Now some say I'm huge and others think I'm very neat. So now when someone says I'm huge I just laugh it off I am only 5'2" so there's not much room for poor lil' bubs.

I was told I was measuring big for my dates when I saw the midwife at 28 weeks, but she told me not to worry about it, the baby may have just gone through a growth spurt. I will be seeing the midwife again today, at 32 weeks, so I'll get to find out if I'm still big.

I've had huge bumps both in this pregnancy and in my first.
People are ALWAYS saying to me that it's a huge bump, and that I must be carrying twins, and all that sort of thing.

I just laugh and say "well it's probably going to be a big baby".

Oh I hate people commenting on my bump size, I get those comments too, 'massive' or 'are you sure it's just one' type thing...had my 36 week check on Tuesday, I'm measuring 36.5 so spot on for my dates. Ignore peoples insensitive comments, I find it hard that previously pregnant ladies (who would also have hated the comments!) start saying them too though, unreal.

It is insensitive though isnt it and people dont think.Even those that have had children and have prob had it dine to them do it anyway.

It doesn't bother me so much, I'm quite proud of my bump lol.
They're just all jealous because they didn't get that big ;)

People call me massive all the time but I'm measuring as I should so I'm not bothered by it anymore :wink: I'm only 5ft tall and apparently carrying a swimming pool for LO so I probably do look big for my height. Dont think my waddle helps matters much :roll: :hug:

Hee hee i have the waddle too, but not bothrered.Im only short so prob look bigger but i know im not as big as i was with DS

Thanks guys, I'll let you know what MW says later.

I'm only 5'3 and all my weight has gone on my bump, so we'll see...

Thanks again :hug:

Piglet xx

The size comments don't bother me half as much as people groping me :evil:

OMG tell me about it i hate people stroking my bump its soooo inappropriate.

xxxxx

No-one is allowed to touch my bump (except hubby) or I can honestly say I would headbutt them :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back