Big boobs - need support - emotionally and physically!!

KateK

Reaction score
I'm getting fed up with my boob/bra situation, I even cried this morning over it.

I am pregnant with my second baby, my first pregnancy left me with large, very saggy breasts. It was a shock as i'd been used to a maximum of a 32C cup up until then. Everything about my breasts changed - my areolas became huge, they grew 3 sizes, they got covered in stretch marks and started sagging downwards, none of this has reversed and now i'm dreading what state they'll be in by the time this baby comes and has finished feeding!

I try not to think about it but it does get really depressing, I feel so unattractive. I'm struggling to find suitable bras for pregnancy and nursing as anything without underwire and they manage to slip out and under the bra, I don't really want to get a smaller band width as I find it so uncomfortable. I'm wearing a 36DD but i'm spilling out of them so suspect I need an E now..

Has anyone got recommendations for any bras that support larger breasts? The main issue is that sagging as they are so heavy and just want to plummet south :( Sorry for the rant, just fed up of being so self conscious of my bust xx

I was a 32d before this pregnancy and now I'm spilling out of my 32 dd but I still find t-shirt bras the most comfy the gentle padding I find a comfort against small knocks and I can't stand non wired bras. I may have to invest in a pricey bravissimo bra soon though. Keep up the moisturiser on them too and that may help with the stretch marks.

Have you tried Bravissimo? Best if you can go to a store and get a fitting, but they also do "virtual" fittings by email.
They're expensive, but very much worth it if you have the money. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.. Looked on Bravissimo and some of them aren't too bad - not even far off some of the Mothercare ones (I find their maternity range ridiculously overpriced!!) I'm not sure I have a local one so virtual fittings sound very handy!

I have larger breasts and have in the past found finding a supportive and comfortable bra almost impossible. I tried Bravissimo and found them really uncomfortable. I discovered Prima Donna a few years ago and they are amazing, expensive but worth it for the support and comfort. I don't think they do a maternity range though so I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet, probably go to my local stockist and ask their advice as they are super in there. If you can locate an independent shop somewhere I would recommend going in for a fitting as they will likely stock a large range of different brands and you can try on until you find something you get on with.

Thanks so much Snowbee, i'll definitely check them out, seems I have a few stockists not too far from me :) x

I am a 36 F and mostly wear M&S padded, inderwired bras. My 1st pregnancy I tried a couple of nursing bras with my first but found them too much of a faff anyway so ended up just using my regular bras and pullig the cup down and discovered that works great for me. The only issue I did have was when pregnant with my 1st and my bump got really big and was still high up and the wires dug in to the top of my bump and got quite uncomfortable. I got a couple of M&S maternity bras of of ebay cheep that were for pregnancy, not nursing and they were great. Similar to a normal Tshirt bras but instead of an underwire it was a bit softer but still a but of a firm structure.

Last edited:
Kate I've gone to M&S for my maternity bras. Pack of two fairly pretty ones for £30. Oh my days they are comfy. I bought a size bigger so I have growth room. Can't wear any of my wired ones now as they hurt and ache so so much. Worth popping to M&S if you can xxxx

Oh and I've gone from a 36DD to 38DD nance being pregnant xxxx

Blonde were they black and white with a polka dot bow at the front? I got those from M&S and I love them. Sometimes I sleep in it it's so comfy!

I've gone from a 34C to a 34DD but I brought a 34E as the nursing 34DD was pinching the cup a bit. The E is slightly to big in the cup but still fit lovely and I know I will get bigger once my milk comes in so have left a little room for growth.

On paper you would think my boobs look big but I look in the mirror and they still look small to me! I'm the type that doesn't have much cleavage all my fatty tissue is round the side. My friend at uni was like a 32A yet she could always get great cleavage in a push up bra yet I can't. Boobs are weird things.
I hate hate hate my nipples right now big brown burgers they look like!! Lol xx

Thanks for the M&S recommendations girls! I am currently finding sports bras most comfy but they are in no way supportive.. I completely know what you mean Tonks, I don't look at myself and think i'd be an E but once I've hoiked them up they seem to fill all the room! Mine are really scarce up top, all the fat tissue is below my nipple so i've got the spaniel ears look going on..My nipples are hideous too and they didn't go back to normal (as I was promised!) after my first. They used to be dinky and now they're proper burger nips :lol:

I use the Anita Extreme sports bra for work and horse riding and find it very good. I have to run at work too, so have to contain these bad boys lol!

I'm up to a JJ cup! I've found there are quite a few on simplybe website :)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'm up to a JJ cup! I've found there are quite a few on simplybe website :)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Waah! Better stop moaning about mine! I wouldn't mind if they were in any way perky :lol:

I went to Asda yesterday for the first time in ages and they have an entire range of 'soft and comfy' bras - no wire, no hooks, padded so help with shape, I bought one for £6 and it is an absolute dream!! They still bounce all over the place but at least they're comfy and make my boobs look somewhat normal! Going to buy more asap! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back