BFP

Julie84

Reaction score
Hi all,

I joined quite a while ago when I missed a couple of periods (not because I was pregnant) but I got some great advice.

I'm back because I remember you guys being so wonderfully helpful and supportive and because I got a BFP on Friday morning (and on all the subsequent tests just to make sure! :oops: :lol: ). :dance:

So I suppose I ought to introduce myself again briefly. My name is Julie, I'm 23 (just, my birthday is May 13th) and live with my partner Neil, 29, in Aylesbury with a horde of animals. I've been with Neil 5 years and we had always planned children. Since we bought our house in October we had been planning to start trying later this year - but nature got there first (much to Neil's upset that it will be a Christmas baby!) :roll:

We haven't told anyone so far - not that we have none very long ourselves!! I think both our families will be over the moon but not sure how to bring it up in conversation yet - it's still sinking in for me and Neil! My mum is also quite young (41) and only had my baby brother on 19th March so he's going to be a rather young uncle!!

I suppose next steps are making an appointment with my doctor? I'm not entirely sure when my last period was although I had some implantation bleeding Sunday/Monday last week so I'm guessing at about 5 weeks - does this sound about right?

I'm constantly tired at the moment - does this last a long time? I had noticed it before the BFP but thought maybe I was coming down with something as I was going to bed very early and falling asleep during Eastenders!! :shock: I've also been working quite long hours at work recently.

Sorry, I have a habit of going on a bit!!

Look forward to getting to know you all and learning lots! :)

Love Julie xxx

Hi Julie!! :wave:

Massive congratulations on your BFP!! That's fantastic news and I'm really happy for you both! :cheer:

I doubt it'll be much of a shock for your families seeing as you've been together so long with a mortgage and all that jazz so you'll get lots of support from them too I'm sure! Plus, it's great that you and your mum will be able to connect on a different level with your little babies! They're sure to have a great relationship too (your LOs)

Yeah your next step would be the doctors :D I know it differs from area to area but with mine, they sent my details to the MW who contacted me around 8 weeks pregnant to book me in for my first appointment. Yeah it does sound about right (5 weeks) :think: I'm no good with calculating things but I'm sure a lot of women here will be able to help with that :hug:

Oh yes, tiredness is a classic but cruel part of the 1st tri pregnancy symptoms!! Nightmare though when you have to work and you have a home to run :roll:

I'm in Tri2 but I pop in this section a lot so I look forward to getting to know you too!!

(Oh and BTW - I'm Dannii, 20 years old, due to be a single parent, live in Bedfordshire and pregnant with a little girl called Evie :wave: !!)

:rotfl: Dannii! you dont ramble, your giving advice!!! :D

Congrats to you Julie!! :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Theres not much for me to say lol, i think dannii covered it all!! :D

Im Lea, I live in Manchester and this is my 4th LO!! :D

Congrats & welcome!!

I'm Becky, 27 and mum to Lucy, and 8 weeks preggo.

Ring your docs and depending what the local procedure is they'll get you sorted with a midwife. My Docs just gave me the number and said to ring the midwives direct but I know some places will arrange the appointment for you.

The doc probably won't do any tests unless you say you're not sure as home tests are so accurate these days.

I'm feeling tired too + boobs are sore and getting bigger every day! If you have any questions just post them, someone will be able to help!

Congratulations on your BFP. :D

I'm also a Taurean but quite a bit older with my 34th birthday being on May 6th.

This is also my first first pregnancy and I'm due around the 17th Dec (I think) but I've yet to go for scan etc.

When I went to my doc he didn't test me, he just said he would get in touch with the midwife unit when I was around 10 weeks then they would get in touch with me. So its a waiting game at the moment and feels like its taking forever LOL.

Hi - thank you all for your lovely and very helpful posts. :)

As I said, we bought our house in October, but this included moving about 20 miles away and I haven't changed doctors - so I'm guessing the first thing to do is sort that out and then tell them the situation. I don't think there is any doubt - slightly obsessed with HPTs at the moment and they all say pregnant and getting darker!

Last night I got quite a crampy tummy - almost a bit like when AF is on her way (but not as bad) - is that normal? I got the same sort of pains last week but as I hadn't done a HPT just assumed it was AF and her usual horrible ways!

I'm going to be a terrible bore with all these questions!! :oops:

Thank you all for your congratulatiosn - and same goes back to all of you too! : :clap: Charmed - what a lovely early birthday present! :)

Hiya!

Here are two possibilities with the mild cramping;

Causes of Cramping During Your First Trimester

1. Implantation cramping - Some women will experience cramping upon implantation. Implantation usually occurs 8-10 days after ovulation. You should not experience implantation cramping after a positive pregnancy test, however many a woman has experienced cramping only to find that she is indeed pregnant shortly there after.

2. Stretching uterus - As your body prepares for it's new baby your uterus will stretch and expand. The ligaments that support the uterus will stretch and with this stretching may cause mild cramps.

That's exactly what it says in my book "what to expect when you are expecting" (MY BIBLE! lol) xx

Sounds likely to be the second option! Thanks Dannii - so very helpful again! :)

I might have to go and get myslf a copy of your bible!! :wink:

Julie, its the best early birthday present isn't it? :D

As Dannii's post said it is normal to get cramping. I have had it as have many of the other women on here. I just ordered my copy of the 'Bible', its been recommended on here by alot of people. Amazon have got a good price. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back