BF'ing hurts so much :(

Bless you sounds like you made the right choice for you and him like your mw said he's had the best but from you now so don't feel guilty :) xxx

I had the same thing with my first baby :( in the end it got to the point where I was dreading him waking for a feed and used to cry :( and it really started to affect our bond :( as soon as I swapped to FF it was sooo much better for us :)

When my second was born I was advised to BF regualrly as I had GD and something about helpiing the baby regulate its blood sugars so I did it for as long as I could to make sure he was ok because it was just as painful as I remember and then swapped to formula.

Both my babies are happy and I know I made the right decision xx

You could I had it from her birth and got it again after.. We got it from the antibiotics I was given coz of my waters.. Anything can cause it though.. I'd go see ur gp just in case it is.. I nearly gave up bf coz of it I cried everytime I fed her and dreading her next feed! It cleared up pretty quick and I was able to carry on :) i was desperate to successfully bf as I was unable to for my first two..

It starts on the nipple and if left it goes into the breast and that's awful pain even when not even feeding!

You could I had it from her birth and got it again after.. We got it from the antibiotics I was given coz of my waters.. Anything can cause it though.. I'd go see ur gp just in case it is.. I nearly gave up bf coz of it I cried everytime I fed her and dreading her next feed! It cleared up pretty quick and I was able to carry on :) i was desperate to successfully bf as I was unable to for my first two..

Thanks hun, how would i know if i had it? i've not breastfed him since 9am Thursday morning. so i'm engorged anyway so in pain cause of that. i've had a look in his mouth and can't see any white patches so don't think hes got it, and his bum is all clear. xx

Baby doesn't have to have any symptoms and vice versa but both need treatment.. Usually nipples are red and sore..

There's no harm in getting some canesten cream (same as vaginal thrush) and applying it as often as u can I done it after every feed.. U don't have to wash it off before feeding and change ur breast pads very often too.. Have a hot bath laying on ur tummy and pat dry ur breasts and air them for a while (have something to clean up milk handy in case u leak) it will help with engorgement too..

Then go to the docs on Monday and they'll check you over, if it's cleared up a bit by then let them know your used the cream and ask for treatment for baby or it will come back.. Lily never had any symptoms thankfully but that's why I didn't realize it was thrush coz I thought she would show signs too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back