being fussy.....

lucylu87

Reaction score
Zak is being a really good baby apart from one thing.... he takes AGES to get latched on.... He is going about 4 hours between feeds but starts crying and making all the 'i want food signs' about half an hour before this. It takes me all this time to get him latched on. He is just so fussy and getting really upset with it. He seems to comfot suck on my nipple for a bit, scratch it for a while, generally just mess around till i am getting frustrated then as if by magic he latches on and feeds perfectly. then is contented for the next 3 and a half hours. is this half hour of mad screaming just something I have to accept or is there something i can do...... x

Aw hun only thunk i can suggest is try to get in first i feed alex stright after he wakes from a nap or after changing his nappy as he is hungry but doesnt have time to work himself up as hes unaware its coming. Am sure it will resolve itself i have that prpb halfway thro a feed and its normally cos of wind butnow we can use gripe water hes a different baby feeding altogether more like he was a couple of weeks ago. Are there any bf support groups u cld go to i am going once i can drive again x

I had the same problem lucy, Lizzie used to get so frustrated she would push herself away from my boob and then I would get all upset and then it was a no go cos I wasn't calm enough. Trust me though, it does get better!

One thing I did notice when the midwife helped me was how 'violently' and quick she pushed on Lizzie's neck when getting her to latch on - I was being too gentle before and so she wasn't getting a big enough mouthful of boob which was making her come off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back