Bf question

l_maclean

Reaction score
Do any of your LO's come on and off and do a crazy rooting around type thing??

G's done it a few times recently? I'm not sure about reflux now if that could be the problem, she seems to want to keep feeding, but the sicks up.

Any ideas.
Xxx

Same here.... I was thinking reflux too. She seems hungry but its almost like she wont eat because she is in pain, poor thing!

See I get the impression that G is desperate to eat, she's just not taking the time to get on properly.

But then when she's sick I'm wondering if she's full?

Zxx

Henry has always done the crazy waving his head about rooting when eating. He stops mid flow and does it and goes back on. He has started to be sick more often the past couple of days - and it's lumpy milk :( looks horrid. I've heard if its lumpy it's cos it's partially digested. Any ideas? He then isn't fussed about feeding again, so im wondering if he's been sick xos he is full or he is not eating cos he has just been sick.

I've tried infacol but he spits it back up before he swallows it. Thinkin I may try it again tonight just to see if it helps.

This baby malarkey isn't easy!

Yes, but only on my right breast which is the sore one.

The baby osteopath said his jaw is very slightly out from the birth which is why that nipple is so sore and why he worrits at it (not sure if i made up that word but it sounds right onamatapaically!)

I'm not sure if that is true, sometimes i think its just wind, but if that was true then why doesnt he do that on the left breast?

Alyssa did that at the start. now shes such a greedy guts she dosent unlatch til shes fast asleep. shes hardly ever sick either and thats only been after a formula feed too. hope you figure it out ladies.

Ariel just tends to get distracted now lol. As for the being sick, being curdled but not feeding again after this is what I had with Ariel and wad told if they're not crying after and aren't hungry after then it's simply them being greedy chops and eating more than their little bellies can handle!

Noah has been doing this more recently. He isn't sick though, but has started taking longer to latch on (as if he's forgotten how to sometimes) but keeps routing desperately! Then comes off quite a few times, then gets frustrated because he wants to go back on!

Glad to hear others do it, even of we dunno why. Lol

I find that he does it a lot the day before a growth spurt so he is probably trying to increase the milk supply. It also can be wind so I wind him 3 times during a feed, gets met by screams but he always does a burp and stops him being sick later!!
xxx

HV thought she was going through a spurt do prob that

My little girl does this as well sometimes. It's like she has forgotten how to latch on and sometimes she gets furious!!! Don't know why!

Yes Joe has been doing that too. It makes him so cross. I think sometimes it is wind but other times I have no idea! My 4 year old messes with his food sometimes, maybe he's learnt from him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back