Best way to get rings off

SpinSugar

Reaction score
Noticed Weds my wedding ring is pretty stuck. It usually turns and comes off fairly easily.

I was hoping it was the heat but the swelling in my hands this week just isn't going down :-(

Not in discomfort but I don't know how bad it may get so just thought I'd best try & take them off now!

So, Whats the best way? Warm water and washing up liquid? Vaseline?

They look swollen all the time so I also don't know if morning or evening would be best!

I'm gonna go to the market and get a cheap big ring to wear in its place. Can't bear the thought of not wearing a ring!

Xx

Try soaking your hands in some cold water, then use some moisturiser or similar to lubricate them off! I think hands tend to be pudgier in the morning, but if you soak them it should hopefully bring it down? X

Yeh washing up liquid or Vasaline usually work alternatively olive oil too keep slipping sliding and twisting x xx

Don't use warm water the heat will make your fingers podgy, run your finger under a cold tap and then use hand soap or fairy liquid to ease it off. I had to take my rings off ages ago, I usually wear 8 - bit of a ring-a-holic haha! Hope you can get it off xx

Don't use warm water the heat will make your fingers podgy, run your finger under a cold tap and then use hand soap or fairy liquid to ease it off. I had to take my rings off ages ago, I usually wear 8 - bit of a ring-a-holic haha! Hope you can get it off xx

also try putting ice on your hand to reduce swelling first? x

Thanks ladies, cold water and washing up liquid did the trick.
Keep panicking I've lost it now, I didn't realise how often I touched the rings for re assurance!

Xx

I've finally taken mine off as well. Feels so strange not having them on. I wriggled mine off with hand soap. They weren't overly tight, but we'd got my rings in the size up as I prefer them a little loose, so couldn't stand the tight feeling. I've got mine attached to my Pandora bracelet now! Can't wait to be able to put them back on.

I had to take mine off one day this week when it was really hot and humid. I wore them on a chain round my neck instead. Didn't want to leave them at home or be without them. Maybe do that? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back