Best time to move home

VikkiR

Reaction score
My husband and I want to move house, we have both had problems from our ex partners where the police have been involved and my ex has a 12 month harrassment order against him, my husbands ex however continues to be a b*t*h and has sent me hate mail in the post amongst other things such as causing problems at work and denying him any access to his 2 yr old he has with her (that's another story), infact the 2 exes got together to try and prevent our wedding taking place earlier this year - sad people I know! I am very uncomfortable with them knowing where we live so we plan to rent a property about an hour away from where we currently are, whilst putting our home on the market. I'm wondering when the best time to move is. I am still suffering with sickness, morning, noon and night, have no energy and feel yucky, I've all on getting my ass to work. I'm wondering whether to get it over and done with before Xmas, just before my mat leave which is due to start mid march, or after LO is born? Any ideas?

i would start lookin asap as these things dont happen quick!
better to do it now, you will start getting more energy in the next 3 or 4 weeks, so best time to do it- plus bigger you get the less you can help pack and lift things, and you will be alot more tired.
my friend did it couple weeks after baby was born and it was HARD- i would never want to move once baby is born, it is hard enough concentrating on LO lol

I would go ASAP. At least then u have the piece of mind they dont know where u live and u can relax and nest in ur new home. Moving in ur mat leave or with baby is gonna be even worse than moving now I would imagine.

I would probley make a move now. The last thing you want now or later on in the pregnancy is stress from ex's.

Sorry carn't offer anymore advice, I feel for you both.

Thank you ladies xx I'm inclined to agree with you, getting it over with sooner rather than later.
Next hurdle is to find a pet friendly property otherwise 3 dogs and 2 cats will need rehoming :(

I would go ASAP just to get away from them. We moved to this house about 10weeks ago (I was 17 ish weeks) and it was fine. My mum and dad moved in to their house the day my little twin brothers were born...they were prem... Mum got back from the hospital to find the whole house in the hall where my dad and uncle just chucked everything through the front door so they could get up the hospital lol soon rather than later I think would be best lol x

Last edited:
Im sure you will find some where which will let you have your pets.

I'm in the process of moving now, definitely wouldn't fancy doing it any later. Means u can get all settled for Xmas and redecorate etc b4 baby comes x

start looking now!! You can never be sure whether its going to take ages to find the right place for you or if one is going to pop up straight away. We left it far too long to start looking which has delayed us massively and now means that although we will get to be in our house, all the stress will be coming just before LO is going to arrive which I could really do without!

I moved flat on my own when I was 22 weeks :) it was bloody hard work but Im soo glad I did as I couldnt imagine moving now!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back