BEST TIME TO HAVE GENDER SCAN?

babydust

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the best time to have a gender scan done is it about 16wks? and does anyone know any private scan place in glasgow or edinbrugh? my hospital have notices up everywere telling u not to ask the sex of your baby as you wont be told.

There is one in livingston I think but not sure of the name!

oh, and forgot to say I think it is between 17wk-21wks thats the best

I think 16w is the earliest it can be done

I saw a thing on an american website called 'intelligender' which is a kit sent to you that you put urine into and it tells you the sex- it is supposed to be 90% accurate and is about £23 delivered to UK

Quite tempting but not sure how much I would believe it? :think:

that web site is great i didnt think 4d was so clear i think i will def be getting that, or do u think that will waste the surprise of the birth, im not sure, has anyone had 4d scan, would u recomend it?

I have a gender scan booked with babybond in Livingston on Tuesday night.

On their website they say you can have a gender scan from about 16 weeks, but when I called them they said best leave it till 18.

It costs £79 with some pictures. I can't wait. xx

let me know how you get on, that sounds like a good price when i was pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago i had one done in edinbrugh i cant remember how many weeks i was but they charged me £140.

i dont understand why some hospitals refuse to tell u the sex of ur baby,surely its our right to wether we want to know or not?

i agree its up to us if we want to know, when i was pregnant 4 years ago i asked the sex at my growth scan and ahe told told me no bother i dont know if it just depends who you get or if its a new policy.

I had a gender scan done with bumps (one stop shop) from 26 weeks as I was having a 4d one done too and gender scan was part of the package.
They did the scan and could see her bitsd oerfectly and even showec us in 4d so we could see for ourselves!!!!

has anyone tried those intelligender predictor tests?

id do the 4d scan , hopefully do it next time round if i can get a 40hr job aswell as bringing up baby :p but im not a single mum so shouldnt be too bad except my oh is addicted to games :wall:

I had my kids at different hospitals cause of a house move.
My first two at basingstoke and they told me the sex all ok when we wanted to know wth my second one.
Then my last child was reading, and at the time they wouldn't tell you due to policy at the 20 week scan due to possible gebder based abortions issues apparently. So when I was small for dates , they didn't mind telling me at about 30 / 34 plus weeks as past that stage I guess. and we caved in!

policy may have changed now tho, as that was 8 years ago!

Good luck with your scans girls

Last edited:
Babydust, there is one in edinburgh, Called Babes In the womb (will edit with link in a few) . Thats where I will go when I get the money up!

Here ya go

http://www.babesinthewomb.com/

Last edited:
most people want to know the sex because it saves them playing safe with colours so they know what name to choose and things to buy but i think some hospitals wont tell you because mistakes can be made. even after birth lol my mum was told i was a boy haha until they brought me backi and i was obviosly a girl madness

My NHS 20 week scan there where able to give me a answer, so might be best to be for sure and wait until 20 weeks ish, if you are paying for a private one. We where lucky as baby was in a good place that they could get a clear view that it was a girl.

I wonder if some hospitals have got it wrong and people have maybe tried to claim against them, so make it their policy not to do it. I know a friend had a boy as her first and was told it was a girl the second baby. So all the blue stuff was given away and pink things brought. Little shocked when a boy arrived. OOOPPPPSSSS. May i just add they are not the sort of people that claimed, but i guess there are some out there that do.

i always thought it depends on the majority of ethnisity of where u live as larger communitys of ethnic minorirtys dont tend to tell as much due to familys wanting boys although i believe this is not so common now

Use GenderMaker to find out if you are having a Boy or a Girl as early as 6 week of your fetal development.

You can't tell that early as every baby is a girl to start off with then around 11-12 weeks their "bits" change into what their gonna be!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back