Best cream for stretch mark

Azam

Reaction score
Hi
I use bio oil but I want to know is there any other better cream to avoid stretch mark?

Unfortunately if you're going to get them theres not really much ypu can do :( good to moisturise anyway though. I use a mix of bio oil and cocoa butter, im going to get coconut oil cause ive heard its amazing.

Bio oil or palmers cocoa butter. I didnt like bio oul just because it was oil so i used the butter x

I've read a review of Trilastin, that claims it's the best. (They reviewed Bio oil too, and weren't as excited) http://myawesomebeauty.com/trilastin/
Drawback is that Trilastin is super expensive, even more so on this side of the Atlantic.

My other best tips is to try to prevent stretchmarks as much as you can by moisturising before and keeping hydrated, drink those eight glasses of water, at least. Keeps the skin moist from the inside.

Last edited:
Is there any method to remove them after pregnancy

Hi Azam, you can't remove stretchmarks (unless you have plastic surgery I suppose) but they do fade over time.. Unfortunately they're just one of those things and if you want a baby you need to get your head around the fact that your skin will need to stretch! Part luck as to how many you get.. I have loads on my sides but none at all on the front of my stomach. I am incredibly self conscious but you know what? My stretchmarks don't bother me as much as they should as they're a mark of the incredible process my body has been through xx

I used bio oil and sometimes cocoa butter twice a day last pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks. Not sure it helped or that it's just genetics. My mother didn't have any after 4 kids.

I did think that I would though as I have quite a few stretch marks from puberty so I thought my skin was prone to them.

I did also take vitamins every day including omega 3 capsules. Not sure whether that helped?

I used the Cussons Mum & Me Bump Stretch Mark Cream. I signed up to Boots parenting club and got vouchers to buy it cheaper. I used 1 tub during pg (used it every day from about 12wks) and still have half the 2nd tub left (bought around 32wks). I still use it after a shower now as its a good moisturiser for hips and belly.

I use a mixture of coconut oil and palmers cocoa butter ... I cannot say they stop stretch marks, but considering I'm having twins I don't think there are any miracle creams. I must say though the creams have helped reduced the redness of the marks and soothe any itching and soreness- in my situation I think it's the best results I will get and I also believe if your going to get them that no cream will stop them x

Palmer coco butter I didnt get any in my last pregnancy just on my thighs, the only place I didn't put the cream.

There's an argon oil 5 body butter that is on sale in waitrose, it feels great and is very good on my skin -it's in the baby aisle with the other stretch mark stuff/breast pads etc and i definitely recommend it xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I tried mama Mio stretch mark oil which was pricey and not worth it. I'll attach a pic of what I use now and it's good.
fd91243e0553b5b93eefc0c557a1a87e.jpg

I'm using Palmers cocoa butter and did in my last pregnancy and didn't get amy stretch marks, not sure I'll be so lucky this time as I'm already getting big!

i didnt use anything in either pregnancy and didnt get any. However i gained 4+ stones each time and had bad fluid retention and looked like Shrek for a good few months.

I'm using Mothercare - It's your body stretch mark cream. So far no stretch marks. But I think we are predisposed to them regardless what we use. Usually in the last couple of weeks 😏

I am using a combination of bio oil and rituals 'tiny rituals' stretch mark cream, its lovely. Its a mild formula compared to their standard moisturisers and smells really nice and leaves my skin so soft. No stretch marks so far 26+3 .. but like most have said i think if you are going to get them you will.

I've been using aloe vera gel, got a massive tub from the chemist for under a fiver, meant to be really good on stretch marks. I originally bought it as gel for my Doppler but then read its good for your skin so use that.

In my first pregnancy I used sanctuary dry oil spray, just as it was a gift and smelt gorge, and not one mark in sight. Got some this time though so hope they fade quick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back