• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best and worst buys?

hennaly

Reaction score
so what was you best baby buy and your worst? what have you bought and never used or used maybe once or twice and what has been a godsend to you?

Best Buys
Bouncer Chair
Muslin cloths
Sleeping Bags

Worst Buys
Moses Basket (i didnt buy it but had no use for it after 2 weeks)
Bibs (had no use for the small ones, have only started using bibs once weaning)

Umm i am sure i can think of more but my brain is having a blank moment yet again :wall:

Best:
Cot mobile and baby swing - allows showers and dinner while it's still warm
Baby carrier - fraction of the pram's cost and so handy
Remote plug socket thing - we were given one as a gift, er ok... but it's awesome, we plug a nightlight in it, so we have a nightlight powered by remote control which is ace for nighttime feeds

Worst:
Baby outfits and socks especially - Lucy just live in babygrows, clothes are such a nuisance!

Best
Baby carrier, we have a 'close' wrap and I love love love it. Great for the school run and shopping trips
Muslin cloths. Im a convert I never used with DS but always have one with me now the uses are endless!
fish cot mobile as she loves it although as it gets her so excited its down stairs for use in the day
Washable breast pads

worst
Disposable breast pads, made me itch and scrunch up really easy even with sticky pads on em
pampers nappies, they leak on DD
Outfits. I agree that babygrows are loads better she looks so constricted in dresses and trousers
bibs, she vomits and always misses the bib!! so I dont bother any longer

best
towels, blankets muslins (esp with a boy - they pee everywhere when nappy is off!), bibs, he is a drool monster at the minute

worst
baby shampoo, oil, baby bath etc, we just use top to toe wash and never the other stuff, and we have no plans to use the 3 bottles of talc we were bought!
oh and the hundreds of toys we will get for xmas from relatives that will clutter up our living room when he can't play with them for a year or 2!!!

best : baby socks def used on hand and feet
baby bouncer
moses basket

worst: scratch mits useless just fall off sock best for that
def outfits they use end up covered in pee n poo
talc u buy then midwife says dont use

(Advent) bottle warmers are a total waste of time and money. A jug or saucepan of hot water from the kettle does the same thing.

I also wouldn't buy another steam steriliser. Next time I will boil bottles etc on the hob. (that is how I sterilised bottles etc when we went camping).

Best buy has to be the sleeping grow bag. They are safe because theres no covers to go over babies face or head and no covers to be kicked off.

Also baby monitors are well worth buying, I don't know who people managed without them!

Oooh Hen I love muslins! I know your like me and didnt use them before but I got some and its some much better than bibs! Though I do still use bibs! lol

My best buy so far is actually my changing unit! I didnt have one before! Just changed them on the mat in the living room etc but now I have somewhere to keep all my little bits like bibs and muslins and socks and mitts and hats etc under the changer instead of having to run up and down stairs each time I need something! And Im not breaking my back each time I change her too hahaha, she loves her bouncy chair, but then so did all the others!
I didnt really buy anything that I would say is a worst buy as I knew already what I wouldnt use lol!
Though she has aquired 8 coats which Im sure she wont get much use out off! :think: hahahaha

lea m said:
Oooh Hen I love muslins! I know your like me and didnt use them before but I got some and its some much better than bibs! Though I do still use bibs! lol

My best buy so far is actually my changing unit! I didnt have one before! Just changed them on the mat in the living room etc but now I have somewhere to keep all my little bits like bibs and muslins and socks and mitts and hats etc under the changer instead of having to run up and down stairs each time I need something! And Im not breaking my back each time I change her too hahaha, she loves her bouncy chair, but then so did all the others!
I didnt really buy anything that I would say is a worst buy as I knew already what I wouldnt use lol!
Though she has aquired 8 coats which Im sure she wont get much use out off! :think: hahahaha
i have bought some muslins so hope to be converted :wink:

Best:
Muslins
Bibs
Microwave sterliser
Tommee Tippee powder dispensers - fantastic for not having to keep count of scoops in the middle of the night!
Self vibrating bouncy chair
Walker
Pram and pushchairs!
Rocking stand for Moses Basket
Sleeping bags

Worst:
Sling and carrier - I have a knackered shoulder and could never carry her
All the sheets and blankets for the moses basket and cot
Feeding chair, is so comfy but I never used it
Baby bath, talc etc (all pressies but still a waste)

I didn't have too many bad buys as I read all these posts and therefore never bothered with lots, such as top and tail bowl, baby bath etc.

it would seem what was best for some is worst for others and vice versa :wink:

hennaly said:
so what was you best baby buy and your worst? what have you bought and never used or used maybe once or twice and what has been a godsend to you?

Best:

* Moses basket
* Kick and Play Bouncer
* Muslin Cloths / Bibs
* Dummies
* Sleeping bag thingie
* Coorie pouch sling

Worst:

* Top and Tail Bowl
* Swaddling blankets

Best
muslin squares