Been trying to conceive for 4 months now...

Hopefulone

Reaction score
Hello I'm a 35 year old woman who has been trying to conceive for 4 months now. My cycle is regular, I have my period every 28-30 days I can feel mid month ovulation pain, take my temp, use ovulation kits (so I know I'm ovulating) my Dr said my day 21 progesterone level is 35 so blood work wise it shows I'm ovulating BUT why is it that although for the past 4 months that my fiancé & I have had sex during my fertile days but I'm not pregnant yet? He also had a sperm analysis & his sperm count is fine (he's age 30).

I know at age 35 fertility declines but my 2 sisters had 5 children between them during their 30s one sister had children at 36 & 38 & my mother had me at 37.

Am I being impatient? I feel like I'm doing everything by the book including taking prenatal vitamins, is there something else I should try? Any suggestions, besides prayer because I'm doing lots of that too.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate any input :):wall2:

Hey :)

I thought I'd come & say "Hi"

I don't really have any advise to be honest but all the girlies on here are fab, I'm new to this & have learnt everything from here so I know someone will come & give you advice

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck in your journey

xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome! Still learning my way around but I'm sure I made the right choice in joining :)

Oh defo, the girls & the advice they give is amazing

Quick warning.......prepared to become addicted to the Pregnancy Forum :)

xxx

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
I second what kezza said!! Be sure to get addicted!! :)
I haven't really much advice as I am new to the ttc althou I already have two children.
Wishing you well and a :bfp: :)
xxxxx

hi there, i have been doing everyting you mentioned and i am on cycle 8 now. unfortunately sometimes there are no answers, a few people on here have had their bfp's and have been trying for 7, 12 and even 24 months..it just seems its the way it goes for some of us and there is no answer, just keep trying and keeping hope!! XXX

Thank you, it feels good to know I'm not alone, I know I'm not but it's one of the reasons why I joined. Every woman around me (friends, sisters, cousins) are all mothers already. I'm the only one left in my little world. Everybody I talk to says it took 1,2, 4 cycles at the most...so everyone of them says it's because I'm stressing it...so in other words it's my fault :( I can't help that I want to be a mother, I've waited for "good reasons" education, finding the my true love, now I'm more than ready & the extra wait is killing me softly. My period is a dreadful time of the month now & each month it gets harder to deal with it...there are days when I just want to cry.
I'm sorry you haven't conceived yet either, I hope that your time will come very soon, as well as mine. Thank you for response.

Hiya :)

Have you not had a FSH test besides your progesterone test?

At your age your main worry should be if you have any eggs left to ovulate, nevermind if you have ovulation hormones (which can occur without an egg actually being released.)

I would also suggest that you get a follicle count done to let you know exactly how far away you are from running out of eggs, which will be done privately for about £200.

It might seem unreal but so many women are practically all dried up by 35. My friend was actually 35 when she found out she had few eggs left and had to start IVF.

Your family is a good indication, but it can also be hugely influenced by lifestyle too.

You aren't being impatient :)

In all of my medical fertility books it screams that if you have been trying for more than 6 month at 35 that you need to take extra precautions because you don't want to wake up and be told it's too late :oooo:

Last edited:
it will happen, i really think you need to keep faith otherwise what else do we have? i have some health issues that have held me back for a bit but even when i've felt crappy and like giving up coming on here and getting some feedback from the lovely girls on here sorts u straight out and makes you think...i'm not letting this beat me. and you know, even if in another 8 months i haven't conceived then its onto the doctors and the next steps, whatever happens i will have a baby one day, we just have to believe and stay positive :)

xx

Yes I had FSH done also on day 3...came out fine as well. The egg count will be something I look into thanks. I'm in the U.S so I'm not sure how much it is here...problem is the bloody insurance here sucks & more don't cover fertilty stuff so it'll be out of pocket so I can do it IF I can afford it. Lifestyle wise I'm pretty health, don't smoke, drink socially but no drug use at all. I have seasonal allergies but that's about it. I was on the pill since I was 20 so if I wasn't releasing any eggs I would think there'd be plenty in there, if that's how it works! Haha! Perhaps that's a bit naive. Thanks for the advice

That's exactly what my fiancé tells me. He says you have to have faith, believe & it will happen. Its hard to practice but I must do it because it's like you said it's all I have! Plus mind over matter, I truly think that staying positive is a must. Wow I truly feel better already, now if I can just hold onto this feeling :) Ill be checking my PF everyday for positive reassurance & also to hear of the great news when your pregnant Ms Positivity :) Hopefully we'll be sharing that news around the same time hahaa wouldnt that be a hoot! Thanks so much

have faith and dont stress out.at my place, we believe, the more you stress out, the more difficult it is for you to conceive, because the heat of the stress will somehow interfere with you hormones.. I dont know if you have it there, but a few of my friends tried wearing Premium Beautiful and it helped them conceive.. one of them tried to get pregnant for 9 years, and after 3 month of wearing Premium Beautiful, she got pregnant, and now she has a 10 month old healthy baby boy.. :) I guess having faith also helps! *wink*.. i wish you all the best.. ;)

Ah i don't know how it works int he US Hopefulone :)

I can appreciate all the positive vibes and faith and things, but personally expecting it to make a difference and it not doing has what caused me so much frustration.

If i'd sat back and waited, 2 years down the line i still would still not be pregnant because it is only my lack of faith that made us go and get tested and find out we're practically infertile and need IVF. Action! Action makes the different :)

Last edited:
hi, I just wanted to say that only 50% of the eggs that are released are good enough to be fertilized and also one in 3 egg that will meet a fertile sperm will survive and be good enough to become a baby. Also one in ten embedded eggs will also fail because of some default in them.

If you think about that it is not strange that you haven't fallen pregnant in 4 months, statistically it is shown that 85% will fall pregnant within a year (but after 35 I don't know sorry). so I guess nothing to worry about only I can understand it can be annoying.

Wishing you good luck and hope you will get your BFP soon :D

@escallonia08 hey my friend tried that Premium Beautiful too.a few months after that she got pregnant! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back