Been to the docs...(an update)

Andrianne

Reaction score
I mainly went to get tested for STDs (esp chlamydia) and check a little lump that I was touching at the tip of my cervix.

That lump was pretty inexistent today but she said it looked like a little cyst and nothing to worry, it's fine.

After pap smear (for the first time after several pap smears, it actually hurt!) and all the rest, she did an internal exam. When pressing certain areas, my right ovary hurt so she referred me to a clinic for an ultrasound. I have to book an appointment. I asked her what that pain could be and she said one of the following:

1) a cyst
2) if I have had chlamydia, a possible inflammation of the ovary :shock:
3) ovary just sensitive

I'm really hoping it's just an increased sensitivity and nothing more. I don't think I'm gonna take it too well if it turns out I have chlamydia, esp if I have an inflammation in my ovary :(

Sorry about the rant, overall I'm feeling positive and not too worried, I just hope the test results don't come back "positive"! They'll come out in 2 weeks, I don't know what will come first, results or ultrasound, probably results.

And yes I'm not ttc but I certainly want to have babies one day and I don't want to be risking my chances of fertility

Aw sorry to hear about that. Have you booked your appointment? When do you go?

:hug:

H

xx

Thanks girls.

I haven't booked an appointment yet, I had to fax them the reference note that my GP gave me and they're gonna call me. I can't go these days anyway as I'm due for AF any day now. I hope they don't book me in for next month!

xxx

Hi hun

Hope everything turns out okay for you here if you need a chat
xxKatrina :hug:

Hi Andrianne,

Sorry to hear you've had to go to the docs. But very good of you to get yourself checked out. Fingers crossed you can get an appointment soon .... and I'm sure it'll turn out to be nothing :hug: Fingers crossed for you and thinking of you ....

I'm on the end of a text/PM if you need to talk :hug: :hug: :hug:

hope all goes ok for you hun we are all here for you should you need us xxxxxxx

Thanks girls, all of you :hug: It means so much to me that I have people to talk about it.

Every day I wake up feeling more and more scared. I'm also mad at my gynaes (two, one in each city I've lived) cause they never suggested we run these tests even though they knew the particular nature of my relationship and that I was having unprotected sex.

What's worse, the day of my exam, I got home and went to pee and when wiping (sorry about TMI) the area felt sore. I figured it must be because of the pap smear and the device they use to collect sample. But groping the area I discovered something that I can only describe as a pimple :( I am almost certain I didn't have that before the exam, it's a little painful when I press it. It seems to be going away slowly but that definitely alerted me as well. It's only one and I'm hoping it's just some kind of skin infection there that my body will fight on its own.

I'm frantic and searching all over the internet for the above. As always, you can't be sure if it's something or nothing unless you get checked by a doctor.... So not much help. If it persists I'm gonna be visiting my GP again.

I'm very clean and always careful... But ever since I got here I've had to use the public washer and dryer. Maybe this has nothing to do with it but I am going to wash my knickers in hand from now on.

Sorry if it sounded too gross!

xxxx

Just thought I'd give an update. I had the ultrasound on Monday, they said everything was fine.

And today I got the results of the STDs tests and they're negative :D

So in all, I'm very relieved

That's great news! :cheer:

That feeling of releif when they tell you neg is great. :hug:

Hi

Thats great news hun maybe you can unwind now
Katrina

I wasn't expecting any replies... Thank you so much, you're all lovely :hug:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.