Bed time nightmare!!

Emily0505

Reaction score
Cam has always been very good at bedtime. I've always generally been able to put him down awake and he'll just drift off to sleep... not anymore!!!

As soon as me or oh leave the room, he starts crying. If we are in with him he's fine. I'm sat here now, on my tablet, ignoring him completely and he's quite happy. He doesn't want cuddles or attention just someone sat in the room with him. Tbh its doing my head in! Hubby and I are taking it in turns to sit here with him as we are both getting fed up!

Once he's asleep he's fine, don't need to go to him until the morning when he wakes.

What has happened?? How do I deal with it? I can't just sit and listen to him cry but I miss my evenings with my hubby. Its been over an hour so far... help...please...

XX

My Cam went through a phase like this. I'd stand outside his door and either sing or chat so he could still hear me and he'd calm down soon enough x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Its been over an hour so far! He's currently using his cot as a trampoline :wall:

XX

We are having this problem at the minute too.....my lo has started getting very worked up and screaming/tantruming. I can tell it is out of anger and not her usual cry.

Luckily its not every night but we did have 3 days in a row of it. I just sit on the edge of my bed (she is in my room) and give a little 'shhhh' if she starts to cry.

Im hoping this will stop very soon xxx

Me too.

We've hung some towels in the window to try and make it darker in the hope that it will help...but...he's now shouting mama whilst trampolining!! :wall:

Ooooh. Not much for it bar wait it out...... If he's trampolining lol. Let him tire himself out x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is it possibly separation anxiety?? I think they say babies can get this around 7-9months??? Xx

Is it possibly separation anxiety?? I think they say babies can get this around 7-9months??? Xx

Could be...my lo is nearly 7 months old.

She sometimes wakes in the night and does the same but if i put my hand in her crib she falls back to sleep.

Xx

Hmmm, i guess it could be. Like I say, he's fine as long as someones in the room with him.

Thankfully he's gone off to sleep now.

Going to get a blackout blind and a ticking clock to see if that helps.

XX

I've been reading up on sleep training and if it continues then I'll def be trying gradual retreat.

He's always been so good with bedtime, this is so out of character for him.

I'm hoping it will pass...and soon...by tonight if possible! Lol!

XX

Last night we tried a different tactic...

We decided to keep him downstairs with us until he got drowsy and then put him up to bed. He didn't get even remotely sleepy!

I thought I would try putting him in his pushchair so he would have to sit still and then rock him back and fowards to get him sleepy. Didn't happen.

We ended up going for a drive to get him to sleep! It worked a treat but there is no way I'm going for a drive every night to get him to sleep!!

Its nap time soon, so we'll see how that goes.

Just wish I knew why he was doing this. Its so unlike him. Poor lil man.

Wish me luck

XX

Hope nap time went okay! I really sympathise with you as Aela is horrendous for getting to sleep! She will only sleep in her pushchair at the moment. Slowly trying to get her into the cot but it's very difficult!!xx

He's still not gone down for his nap!!

He's tired I can tell, but fighting it something terrible!

I've got one of his toys stuffed down my top atm, so it will smell of me and hopefully bring him comfort and help him settle in his cot. I hope 'Mr Bunny' doesn't mind spending the day in my cleavage! Lol!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back