Dropping bed time bottle

*Star*

Reaction score
Okay, so it's now about time that I dropped Oliver's bedtime bottle. He's started to bite through the teats.

Ok, he's 18 months and I know he 'shouldn't' have been having it anyway - but, you choose what battles you fight right?

When the time came for Benjamin to drop his bedtime bottle, it was actually really easy. We were able to talk to him and reason with him, and he accepted that he was getting a big boy and he didn't need a bottle. So I said I would read him a story instead of having a bottle, and it worked. Was never a problem.

I know it's going to be 100x harder with Oliver. At the moment he just doesn't have the same capacity as Benjamin did, although if I remember rightly, Benjamin was older when we stopped the bottle.

I was thinking of letting him have his milk in a cup before bedtime, then taking him upstairs. brush his teeth etc. then put him in his bed, read him a story, put his music on and go.

that's when it's gonna get hard lol. Cause I know he just wont go to sleep like that.

I guess I'm gonna have to do cio, even though I HATE it, but i guess he is old enough to understand maybe?

Emma still has her bedtime bottle she wont go to sleep unless she is drinking (or in the car) (which i know isn't good but its what she has always done) so I just don't know how i can stop her bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back