NIGHTMARE!

Urchin

Reaction score
Ohhh noooooo I feel awful!

I've been trying to get Brody down for his nap for ages, usually he goes off no probs but not today, (he's upstairs in his crib.)

Anyway, I've been going up every few minutes to make sure he's OK, I've tied his mirror to the side of the crib etc. He's only wearing a long sleeved vest as our room is really hot today( at night he wears a gro-bag)
Anyway I'm downstairs doing housework listening to him crying, so I give him another minute or so then go up.

His leg is stuck between the bars of the crib!!!...right up to his chubby little thigh and I mean REALLY stuck! I was really panicking tryng to squeeze it out, his chubby thigh and then his knee joint meant it just wouldn't budge!
I tried everything, and Brody was getting more and more upset, I was about to run downstairs and get hubby's saw out of the shed to saw through the bars it was that stuck!

Finally I lifted him up a bit and his leg turned sideways enough for me to get it out, and now he has a big red mark. :(

I comforted him and now I've had to put him into his gro-bag even though it's too warm for that really. I'll have top buy a 0.5 tog one.
This never happened with Mason, I feel crappy cos I let him lie like that for 5 minutes just listening to him cry on the monitor :cry:

aw bless him - dont feel bed you werent to know. we'd have all done the same as you cant be with them 24/7.

i'm sure he has forgotton it already now mummy has made it all better.

alex is always sticking his arms and legs through his cot bars - will have to keep an eye out to make sure he doesnt get stuck - think the gaps are still too big for that at the mo but good to know for future ref.

((Big hugs to Brody))

x

aww hunny, least he is ok now, what is a tog 0.5???

winstanley said:
aww hunny, least he is ok now, what is a tog 0.5???

It's a very thin gro-bag the one he's in now is 1 tog, so I need a lighter one for summer naps.

(((Urchin))) don't feel bad. Seren was crying in her cot the other day and I left her for a couple of mins to see if she would go back, when she started to cry properly I8 went in to find she had rolled over and was stuck. Brody will have forgotten all about it.

I left Ella crying the other morning whilst I went downstairs for a wee, sorted out my breast pump etc. Went up after about 5 mins and she'd shuffled herself to the end of the cot and was pushing her head against the bars with her feet. Felt really mean! Then another time I went in and she'd shuffled 90 degrees and was also whacking her head against the bars. She's a right headbanger that one!

aww bless, is he ok now?

dont beat yourself up about it tho hun, its easily done, he would have forgoten about it within 5 mins i bet.

xxx

Awwww Urchin don't feel bad. I know how you feel though when my LO was falling out her swinging chair and I could hear her but thought she wanted my attention :? . these things happen honey (((((((HUGS)))))))

xxxxxxxxxx

it happened to Dior once she had a huge big bruise after and the child minder even questioned i was to ashamed to put her in a dress incase people thought i had done it :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back