*Beauty and Fashion Clinic!*

Minxy

Reaction score
Have you any burning issues about make-up/clothes?

Post your pics and ask opinions here.

Me first! I've always been happy to be pale and interesting but all the pics I've seen recently show my skin up as very shiny and plasticky looking.

Here's me (on the left)

n509211886_631671_2111.jpg

I know a bit of powder might help with shine but what can I do about my skin tone? I've never used fake tan successfully. Can you even use it on your face?

Advice please!

I cant use anything like foundation or powder as i have real dry skin and it just clings to the dry bits, i look like someone has been lobbing powder puffs at me!... :lol: i would love to have skin like you, it looks fine to me, is it the camera making it look like that? have you checked it in "real" time? is it looking shiny then?
btw, is that your sister in the pic cos you look alike.

Thanks ladies. My skin is that shiny all the time though, don't like it :(

I'm going to try that Benefit powder, I love their stuff :)

Rach, that's my bessie mate not my sister, but I do have a sis who looks like me :)

Anybody else want any tips?

I'm a disaster, I'll have a think where to start! I'm sorted with my colours now thanks to Minxy :D got a fab new work wardrobe all ready for April :cheer:

I don't tend to wear make-up cos I end up looking a fool.

Ok here's one for you... I've permanent red cheeks. Without looking orange, and without it taking 2 hours each morning, what can I use to make my face all the same colour? I'm really pale underneath, I just don't want to look like I'm constantly blushing!

(Can't find a good photo sorry...)

I use ID Bare Minerals make up. It's by Bare Escentuals... you can get it off QVC, or Ebay cos not many shops stock it in this country.

It's American and it's absolutely brilliant. I love it. It's a powder foundation that doesn't cling to dry bits. It hides blemishes too. It dulls shiny skin too. In fact there isn't much it doesn't do. You can even sleep in it cos it allows your skin to breathe.

I have greasy skin and most make up leaves me with spots but this stuff is great. It makes my skin look fab when it's on. They do a wide range of colours, blushers, mineral veils for those who like the really natural look, eye shadows, lipsticks etc etc

Its not cheap, normally it's about 20 quid for a pot but it lasts ages. The only thing is you should buy the brush for applying it because it applies it much better than other brushes...and they're expensive at about 25 quid. But I've had mine yonks!

Hey Pilkers, I tried that Bare Essensuals stuff but I can't get on with it. It just doesn't seem to DO anything. I don't look any different after I've put it on. Am I doing something wrong?

Do you all wear lipstick? I've stopped since I had Tom as I'm kissing him all the time but I think I look quite dull without it. What do you all do on your lips?

LucyBee said:
Do you all wear lipstick? I've stopped since I had Tom as I'm kissing him all the time but I think I look quite dull without it. What do you all do on your lips?

I just us a gloss, but it has to be light, little more than a balm really. I've 100's, but like this tingly one at the mo....it almost hurts!

http://shop.harveynichols.com/pws/Produ ... tID=161320

I lipstick when I go out but keep it sheer even then. These No7 lipsticks are lovely and light, and the 'smoulder' is a really racy but wearable red

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/pro ... id=1047051

Can I recommend using Lush cleanser 'Angels On Bare Skin' I've used this for quite a while now and it's really improved my skin tone. I love this product. It seems to leave my skin very matt looking which lasts for ages.

Angels On Bare (copied and pasted from Lush site :wink:)

Angelic medieval rose & Lavender cleansing wash. Angels on Bare Skin is the Lush version of an excruciatingly expensive medieval skincare recipe. Rare, precious essential oils were first brought to Europe by the crusaders who encountered Arabian medicine; they were immediately banned by the church because of their ability to alter states of mind - the devil`s work! Anyway, at the end of the day the final result was Cosmetics 1, Church 0. Rose oil and lavender oil were discovered to do wonderful things for the skin too; almost a thousand years later you`d be hard pressed to find a better all round cleanser and exfoliator than Angels.
Ingredients
(click on an ingredient to find out more)
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Kaolin , Water (Aqua) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Lavender Flowers (Lavandula hybrida) , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume

* Occurs naturally in essential oils.

Love those lip glosses Minxy. I'm off to get my credit card now!

Wish I could use Angels on Bare Skin but I'm really really allergic to nuts and it has ground almonds in so no good for me.

Anyone tried the Eve Lom cleanser? It's sooooo nice.

I have one, when i put my foundation on it ends up being really flaky if you get me, and seems very dry, how can i stop this, ive tried using moisteriser but nowt works :(

since i been using the clinque 3 step my skin isnt as shiney, the toner is great for taking the oils off and the moisturizer is really light.

any one got any advice on stopping nails being soo brittle? ive had acrylic nails for so long and now i dont but my nails are crap, soon as they start growing they just split and peel off :cry: do you think im better off have extensions back on?

I already replied once but my computer went all broken so I'm starting again! Grr...

Thanks to you all for your skin recommendations - after payday I'm gonna have a looky for some stuff from your suggestions :D

Paradysso... have you seen in the shops next to the clear nail varnishes they have sort of creamy/pinky looking ones? I know Avon do some that are like base coats, but sort of moisturising at the same time... I used to use one of theirs which they must have discontinued it was that long ago, but on their site I've found another couple...

nail experts nutri boost

nail experts nourishing treatment with cactus

Is that any help? Otherwise, have you tried hand creams and including your nails? You can also get special hand creams that moisturise the nails too. If you look in Boots or something they should have some, next to the normal hand creams..

here's an expensive one but Im sure there are cheaper ones

ooh heres a cheaper one

x

i use elizabth arden 8 hour cream on my hands, maybe i try a nail one too. do they nail polishes work then? i never tried thinking they wouldnt do alot

LucyBee said:
Hey Pilkers, I tried that Bare Essensuals stuff but I can't get on with it. It just doesn't seem to DO anything. I don't look any different after I've put it on. Am I doing something wrong?

did you buff it on?? you've got to put it on with a big blusher style brush and really rub it in using big circles

Ahhh, ok, I think maybe I've been doing it wrong. I'll try again with it in the morning. Thanks Pilkers!

For ladies who want to wear lipstick and kiss their babies lipfinity by max factor is wicked :wink: It doesn't smudge or rub off atall.

Littlelady87 said:
I have one, when i put my foundation on it ends up being really flaky if you get me, and seems very dry, how can i stop this, ive tried using moisteriser but nowt works :(
anyone :think:

Littlelady87 said:
Littlelady87 said:
anyone :think:

change your foundation or try mixing it with the moisturiser.

what are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back