Help with hair colour! Decisions, Decisions!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
I'm SO bored of my dark hair at the moment. I really want to 'brighten' it up especially with this sunny weather. I've had lot's of colours before - Navy hair, Black hair with pink streaks, Red hair, Orange hair, etc!

I'm thinking of going back to red hair but I'm not sure.
I dyed it red years ago and it came out pretty dark because of my dark hair, I'm thinking about going a bright red colour this time.

Here's a picture of me with the red hair years ago:
10931_170854993587_687123587_271564.jpg

As you can see it's pretty dark, I think I'd like a brighter red, like Rihanna just not so shiny/vibrant.

Do you think it will suit me?
Here's a photo of me taken a few days ago:
Snapshot_20110623.jpg

I'm very pale and I have blue eyes and I'm always wearing red lipstick too.
It's either the red hair or my hair colour now but with some bright streaks.
Ideas?
xxx

what about a plum red colour, almost purple but not if you get me.... i think that would look lovely on you!

^ I was thinking of going for that colour, a little bit like magenta. xxx

I do think red would suit me again.
Although the red I had before was dark, it was very light in the sun.
In fact with my hair colour now, in the sun you can sometimes see bits of red, not sure if that's from the dye ages ago. xxx

Is the plum red like what Cheryl Cole dyed her hair?

A burgundy colour?
xxx

Last edited:
Hey girls, just to let you know I've decided to 'ombre' my hair sort of.
I want to keep my dark hair but have a plum red/burgundy colour at the bottom.
My hair is very very long so the plum colour is going to be quite high, but I want it to look natural so to speak, so I'm going to try to make my dark hair overlap some of the plum so it blends in near the middle :)

Will post pictures once I've done it, want to get my hair cut first so will do that next week! xxx

o yay that will be lovely. make sure u post pics! wanna see! =)) i want plum hair too!

be careful as the ends of ur hair are the hardest to lift as they have a much bigger build up of colour, most salons would pre lighten ur hair first to do this which also in very long hair can be quite harsh if theres a lot of colour on the ends, u dont want silky brown roots and red strawy ends i do think u wud suit the dark red tho and much easier achieved with no damage to ur own hair xx god i sound so sensible xx

I like sensible ;)
My cousin is a professional hairdresser so I've asked for her opinion.
Going to get the ends lightened at the hairdressers as I'd much prefer a professional to do it xxx

a couple of years ago i had my hair dark purple underneath and its blonde on top naturally, but I had a few hilights through to lift the natural colour, it sounds odd but it was actually quite cool.. ill see if i can find a pic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back