Be warned - CBFM missed my surge!!

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just thought I'd share my stressful ov experience this month with CBFM as I wish someone had told me it was possible for it to miss my surge - it might have saved me quite a bit of stress.

I have been testing since cd6 (am now cd14) and have only seen Highs on CBFM this whole cycle. (Got peak in both the last 2 cycles using it). Thankfully I've been using IC OPKS alongside and thank God I did as yesterday I got 2 very +ive opks (one in the morning and one in the early evening). Did some more opks today and they were -ive. CBFM only said High this morning, so if I hadn't been using OPKs too, I would have thought I hadn't ov'd this month! CBFM TOTALLY MISSED MY SURGE!!

So, just wanted to warn you that CBFM is not infalliable and I recommend that you use OPKs as a back up too. I will carry on using CBFM next month as I have another 10 sticks, but if the same thing happens, I will probably stop. I hope knowing this will save someone from some of the stress I have experienced this month, thinking I wasn't going to ov...

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Thanks ceebee....

I was considering investing in a CBFM is I am not succesful this cycle.

I know my surge is really quick though... and this is in the evening?

So maybe a CBFM isn't for me?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Before this month, I would have been singing CBFMs praises, but now, I'm not so sure... perhaps if your surge is quick, it isn't for you... In the end, good old IC OPks did it for me this cycle, at a fraction fo the price!! xx

Before this month, I would have been singing CBFMs praises, but now, I'm not so sure... perhaps if your surge is quick, it isn't for you... In the end, good old IC OPks did it for me this cycle, at a fraction fo the price!! xx

I've still got loads of cheapies and several digi OPK's so I guess it seems silly to spend cash if I don't need to?

Also I am hoping that I get a bean in the next few cycles :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
i was thinking of getting one of these also maybe i will keep my pennies n just use the strips they seem to work fine for me n are cheap as chips xx

Definitely hon! Save your money to spend on nice things for your bean :) xxx

Has your chart backed up the +opks by confirnming ov? So bad the cbfm missed it!!!

Yeah, am using TCOYF now (it is better than FF, you were right!) and it reckons today too. I've stopped temping this month, but still checking CM and CP too, so have a pretty good idea what's going on. Might start back on temping again next cycle if I'm not successful as it would be nice to confirm ov. I will just have to try and chill about it a bit more!! Yeah, don't trust my CBFM now....! xx

Thanks ceebee Ill use the OPKs with the CBFM I really want this to be the month.

Good luck xxx

hahah glad you moved to tcoyf!! that confirms it then, if you temps confirm it and opks, its amazing that the cbfm totally didnt detect it. hope you bd'd plenty anyway hun!! not sure if you did as you didnt mention it - tcoyf needs you to temp for three days after ov to confirm temp shift. hope fully all this will make no difference anyway and youll get a huge fat BFP!!

Hi sorry to jump in what site is tcoyf?

I am on my second cycle of temps and if there's a better site count me in!

xx

Ceebee, I think this has happened to me this month too! This is only my 2nd month using it! Iv been getting highs since cd8, ran out of sticks on cd21 and was still getting highs right the way through!! I had lots of ewcm on cd12/13 so I think/ HOPE I ov'd then!!

hahah glad you moved to tcoyf!! that confirms it then, if you temps confirm it and opks, its amazing that the cbfm totally didnt detect it. hope you bd'd plenty anyway hun!! not sure if you did as you didnt mention it - tcoyf needs you to temp for three days after ov to confirm temp shift. hope fully all this will make no difference anyway and youll get a huge fat BFP!!

Yeah, bd-d plenty this cyle thankfully :) not doing temps for this one, but hoping to start back doing it the next cycle, if I can stay more chilled about it...! fx for you too :) xxx

Hi sorry to jump in what site is tcoyf?

I am on my second cycle of temps and if there's a better site count me in!

xx

Just google 'TCOYF' - you will find it :) xxx

Ceebee, I think this has happened to me this month too! This is only my 2nd month using it! Iv been getting highs since cd8, ran out of sticks on cd21 and was still getting highs right the way through!! I had lots of ewcm on cd12/13 so I think/ HOPE I ov'd then!!

Hi dawn - it's quite possible this happened to you too - I recommend using IC to cover yourself if you're still using CBFM next cycle and maybe think about temping too as this will tell you if you've ov'd. The EWCM is a good sign, so chances are you did ov - fx for you hon - sorry it's been such a stressful cycle for you xxx

just to let you ladies know that the cycle i got pregnant the cbfm didnt give me any peaks at all, i thought i hadnt ovulated or it had missed it somehow x

just to let you ladies know that the cycle i got pregnant the cbfm didnt give me any peaks at all, i thought i hadnt ovulated or it had missed it somehow x

That's interesting to know, thanks. It's not just me then... xxx

Quick update - phoned CBFM helpline and they said that perhaps my LH level didn't surge high enough for the monitor to pick it up. They also said, if it happens again next month, I should get in touch and they would check the monitor out for me... Gonna give the CBFM another try next month, but will def keep covering myself with ICs and checking other fertility signs too....

Baby dust to all :dust:xxx

Last edited:
Its good that they are not just fobbing you off! Im not usin the machine this month, not because of all this but just need a break from it.

Hope it works for you next cycle....acually i hope you will not need it next cycle! ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back