BBT Charting

Mandy119

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Do you use a special Basal Body Thermometer or are the usual everyday ones just as good? I want to start tracking my BBT since my current cycle is way out of the ordinary and I think it would just help me get a little more insight to what's going on and to when I actually ovulate.
That being said how can I tell when I'm about to ovulate? Is there a drop in the Temperature or does it go up?

Thanks ladies x

Hi everyone,

Do you use a special Basal Body Thermometer or are the usual everyday ones just as good? I want to start tracking my BBT since my current cycle is way out of the ordinary and I think it would just help me get a little more insight to what's going on and to when I actually ovulate.
That being said how can I tell when I'm about to ovulate? Is there a drop in the Temperature or does it go up?

Thanks ladies x

Digital Thermometers For BBT
as one example

defo dont need a expensive bbt as long as have 4 numbers your fine.

not everyone gets a dip before ovulation :)

and use opks to help you with ovulation guide more then a bbt. this cycle i got 3 steady temps in a row before a major spike

Thanks Rainbow :)
I'll give it a go. At least then I'll have the feeling of doing something instead of sitting around and waiting for AF to show, haha.

You need one with 2 digital places. Test first thing when you wake up before sitting up or moving, under the tongue with mouth closed. You can't really tell if you are about to ovulate...you need opks and to watch EWCM for that. It's best if you track opks and do BBT. The temping will show you that you have ovulated. It usually goes up the day after ovulation but can take a little longer for some women. The best basal thermometers have a memory so you can wake up, do the temp, switch it off, and later wake up and check what it was without all the hassle of having to turn the light on. I usually do mine when I wake up at 4/5 in the morning and go back to sleep.

And the great thing about temping is you know the day AF is going to arrive as your temp will drop.

Thanks Ladies xx I ordered one today and will give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back