Charting- Have i got a natural high BBT- is this normal ???

puddin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im hoping someone knows about temps.
I started charting recently and have noticed that my BBT is higher than most peoples. I dont know what day in my cycle i am on as i havnt had af for over a year due to depo injection.
My BBT has been 36.7- 36.9 - is this normal? :think:

hi hun :wave:
for me those would be post ovulation temps. mine are usually 35.9-36.3 befor ov and then up to about 37 after. it may be that u have ovulated and don't know it yet. if your temps are still high after 2 weeks and u have done a test and it is bfn then obv this won't be the case. have u looked at the chart gallery on ff? have a look what sort of temps people have on there- urs may be more normal than u think.
couple of questions to see if there is a reason for the high temps (obv only answer the 1s u want to!!)-
what time do u temp?
have u been ill lately?
what is ur temping routine- i.e. how do u temp.
are u over/under weight?
what temperature roughly is it where u are?

xxx

Hi puds :wave:
Thanks for replying :D How are things with you?
I spent all last night searching ff and all the charts with temps like mine are after ovulation.. :pray: but i really dont want to get my hopes up. I googles bbt :lol: and it says normal temp is between 35.5 and 36.6, it says after ovulation should rise to between 36.1 and 37.2.

I temp at the same time each morning, before ive moved out of bed, and ive not been ill. Im normal healthy weight. I live in Turkey but its that hot here- quite chilly at the moment (although no snow) To be sure i tested my OH when he woke and his was normal.

Im :pray: :pray: ive ovulated and this is why... i will wait a few days and see what happens- fingers crossed!!!!

it would certainly appear u have ovulated from the temps but u won't know for sure until u have been temping for 2/3 weeks. mens temps can often be very differnt so i wouldn't compare them -it may just be that those are normal for u. also remember that most of the temps on ff are probably from people temping in uk. even though its not hot in turkey its prob a lot higher than the minus figures it is here!! don't worry about the temps too much its more about the pattern of temperatures. once uv charted for a few months if they are still high and there is no obv pattern of pre/post ovulation a trip to the doctor may be in order to reassure u. blood tests can rule out any hrmone or thyroid problems. if there is a problem by charting at least u will be aware of it a lot sooner than if u weren't and it will give doctors more information to go by. :hug:
xx

Thanks puds, your right. Im going to wait a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Im back to the Docs in April so if it continues to be high i will ask her what she thinks- maybe she will do some bloods. Until then i will live in hope i have ov!
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back