Bbaies are soooo expensive!!!!

titch

Reaction score
OMG I just sat down and worked out what Ive spent so far. We've had loads of help from grandparents-to-be too so its not like we've bought everything ourselves. I worked out that Ive spent £260 already :oooo: . I really didnt think it would be that much, it just all adds up!! Got loads of ebay bargains and bought stuff on sale so I cant imagine howmuch it would have been if Id bought everything new!!

And we've still got to buy a car seat, nursery curtains, lamp shade, bedding and loads of other bits n bobs.

Im off to nag OH about just giving me all of the £300 cash his mother gave US for baby things (think its gone on his car!)

Ive spent £270 just on the cotbed, changing table and mattress!! I got the pram brought for me as well as the car seat and pram attachments but Ive brougt everything else myself (no wonder Ive got no money now lol).

I don't dare work out how much Ive spent...its all so crazily expensive! Ive still got to buy baby monitors, cot bumpers and Id like a baby carrier as well. :eek:/ Youd think with them being so small the price would be small too!!

Youd think with them being so small the price would be small too!!

I knowwwww! :rofl:

RM I can feel a serious row brewing. He bought himself some ipod speakers even though we've gota docking station in the kitchen. Aparently he wanted his own. It was "only £12" so thats okay (?) His mum gave that money to me in an envelope and i gave it to him to look after cos I was worried im so forgetful at the mo that Id lose it. :wall2: stupid me trusting him. I thought he was so tight fisted I'd have problems getting him to actually spend it on baby stuff. I think Im just gonna demand the cash from him. I asked him to guess how much he thinks Ive spent. he guessed £60 :rofl: The pram cost £70 and thats a BARGAIN!

Put him in a headlock till he coughs up :mad:

:rofl: love it! I am just gonna say that he has to give me £260 cash to cover everything Ive bought for the baby and if he refuses Ill ring his mum and tell her that he's spent all the baby's money on himself and Im having to buy stuff on my credit card. She'll freak cos shes so scared of debt lol

:) works a charm. I got £40 out of his wallet straight away and he's gonna transfer the rest straight to my credit card on payday. I really backed him into a corner and demanded to know what he'd spent it on and he couldnt say. I really dont think he knows! I pretty much think he's been living off it, filling up his car and buying lunch etc so that he doesnt have to use his current account. He tried to tell me it has gone on our food shops but I know thats not true cos we've used our joint account and he's only come with me twice. :wall:

It's alot of money to have just frittered away :mad: Good you got it sorted hun :hug:

we still need a changing station, mat, two sheepskin rugs one for the crib one for the cot and i am demanding some new furniture for our front room because we just dont have sufficient 'stuff' right now

other than that we have everything we need, we have spent probably 500 in total, that includes 3 baby wraps, all the clothes from 0-1 a cot, crib, nappies from birth to potty and a car seat

most of it was free from freecycle though

:yay: for freecycle!!! Well done, getting everything for £500 is very good. My friend is currently 19 weeks pregnant and her fiance has told her that they're having a 'cost-neutral' baby. He has this idea that you dont really NEED stuff. I told her that as soon as he realises a baby with no nappies is a bad plan he'll change his mind :rofl:

Heck Tiny I only just caught up here, Im glad you got some money out of him! :hug:

yep, ebay gets a thread all of its own its so awesome! :yay: Im a bit cautious with freecycle, I cant get my head around it!!

local ebay rocks for sure! we have collected loads of stuff from there for very little and its generally been great (though the cot we got needs a bit of work because its a tiny bit broken but i will let them off!)

:wall: someone outbid me at the last minute, 50p more than my max bid. Back to square one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back