bath time

greendayrock

Reaction score
help!!!! my daugther hates baths and she screams the house down, the neighbours probely think we are killing her!! we have tried getting in the bath with her and stamding her on the bathroom floor and washing her down but no she wont have a bar of it. Then washing her hair is even worse.

any advice would be very appreciatedxxxx

yeah tried that she wont even come into the bathroom when thats on, tried playing ducks allsorts. thanks for having a think

Alex is just the same - screams like I'm killing him.

Lydia used to be like that, and then just grew out of it. Taking her swimming a few times helped.

I had exactly the same problem with Grace........ she absolutely hated baths ..and screamed the house down. I tried everything........
Grace in her own bath, in our bath, on her own , with us, in the morning, at night, cooler water, warmer water, more water, less water etc etc.. in the end I was getting so stressed...........
then when I chatted to one of the HV - she said that something had probably upset Grace on her first birth and everytime she had a bath after that she remembered it... she suggested that I stop bathing Grace for one month (just give her a wash down) .........as babies have short memories and try bathing her again
I didn't think it would work but I have to say that after the one month - we put Grace in her bath and she loved it... laughed and giggled her way through it and does so in each and every bath now..
Grace was 4 months old at this stage....... you might not need to do a whole month as you lo is younger...... worth a try though
:hug: :hug:

thanks for your replies i might try leaving he a while and try again, if that fails i will have to get intouch with hv. thanks again xxx

My 20 month old is exactly the same so we get out a baby bath put about 2 inches of water in it and he stands in it and we all cheer for him while i wash him down. The first time we did this he screamed and now we've got to the point where he just whinges a bit so hopefully in a few months we might get him sat down in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back