Bath time

mum2A&L

Reaction score
alice has started being really funny about having her hair washed. Alice has never 'sat' in the bath - she always squats. but i tend to fill it a bit more than i used to so when she squats she is covered up to her belly button.

I normaly wash her hair with a tub type thing. get her to look down and poor water over here head, but now as soon as i pick the tub up she starts crying - and now she can climb out of the bath (luckly i grab her before she does!), but it makes washing her hair difficult. Ive tried having her in the shower with me, using the shower head to wash her hair - using a flannel, both to put water on her hair and to try and block the water from her face. Ive tried getting in the bath with her and letting her wash my hair first - which she does happily, but doesn't let me do hers!!!

Please someone tell me this is just a stage! any one got any hints or tips as to how to get her out of it quicker?

I remember when i was young i hated having my hair washed. Mum bought a ring that went around my head so water wouldnt get in my eyes. i know they still sell them. also she used a sponge to rinse.

Hope this helps :D

Willow keeps going through stages of loving the bath and hating the bath, have you tried letting her wash/rinse her own hair, or asking her what see want you to use, if she is able to tell you that is.

Apparantley, children go through a phase where they are scared of baths. It's something to do with them fearing being sucked down the plug hole. It's best if they have a fear of that bath that you empty it once they are out.

yeah sam, luke has been the same recently was always good as gold having the water tipped over him but now panics so i tend to lie him back and hold him like when they were first born (killer on the back mind you!) and wash his hair quickly before he can get out the hold i have him in and he is much less distressed x

My son loves the bath but hates getting water in his eyes and as soon as I went near him at one time he would flinch away. Now Ive got in the habit of getting in the bath with him and I let him help me wash my hair, which he loves. Then he sits between my legs with his back to me and leans back against me, and this way he will allow me to pour water on his head. It means Im supporting him so he is not scared of falling back, and also the water falls straight off the back of his head so nowhere near his face. He loves it now, and so do I, its something we do together and he gets quite upset if I dont wash his hair now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back