Bad fall today :-(

Loulabelle

Reaction score
Nipped out of work at lunchtime to get a sandwich and managed to trip on uneven paving flags! I went flying!! I managed to twist myself sideways and only partially landed on my bump, otherwise she would've taken the full blow! I jumped straight up and headed back to work, by which time I was shaking like a leaf and in floods of tears, from total shock not pain! Had to get my mum to come and get me and take ne to hospital as oh is I'm America until Saturday with work :-(

Anyway, been fully checked, monitored and scanned and baby is absolutely fine thank god! Happy as Larry I'm there and head down ready to engage.

I however cannot use my left arm, and have a graze on my knee like a school kid! Also discovered I have a water infection and still have glucose in my urine so gotta have another GTT! They told me I need to slow down n rest more as I'm 'run down'.

Not much purpose to my post really, just feeling a bit sorry for myself with oh being in America! X

Last edited:
Aww sorry you had such a horrid shock hun but glad to hear all ok with little one! Heed the advice and slow down a little because you are having a baby soon! When do you stop work? xx

Awww poor you! You get a fright when you fall when pregnant eh?
:hugs: I agree with jodie, heed the advice! I was knackered just from walking about town today! X

Thanks girls. I was guna try and do another 3 wks, but think I've been a bit unrealistic seeing as I'm due in just over 4 xx

Hope you feel better soon :hug: take it easy now, not long to go xx

how scary :-( look after yourself now hun and take it easy like the docs say :hug: xx

Ooh you poor thing, you must have got a right shock. I would have cried my eyes out too. At least you got checked and all is ok - you'll have to take extra care of yourself while OH is away :hug:

Gosh how awful, I would have cried with shock too! glad you and baby are ok and have had a thorough check up. I agree you should really be taking it easy now.... sod work, put your feet up - you really haven't got long to go!! xxx

aww hun that sounds awful, thank god everythings ok - maybe its a wake up call to slow down! xx

wow your still working what a trooper :) its awful when you fall i think the shock of it is worse than the actually fall glad your baby is all cosy, try and rest your arm as much as you can if the drs think you should slow down then take your mat leave your health is just as important as your babies health xxx

Thank all! I've decided to start my maternity leave sooner so Im finishing on Friday. I would finish staright away but I want to say goodbye to my class and have a nice couple of days with them before I go xx

I hope you are feeling a little better now. Glad you are finishing up early...I struggled to walk to the shop earlier! Sending hugs x

Awww bless you. You must really love your job. You do need to think of yourself now though hun, so I'm glad you're finishing earlier. You don't get much rest once little one is here, so relax while you can. I am finishing 4 weeks before I'm due because I have a little one at school already & the hill my son's school is up is a killer as I'm getting bigger!!!
I want to attend more aqua aerobics & not have to rush to & from school & work & pace myself.
Glad you & bubs are ok after your fall - take it steady now hun & enjoy some you time.

Sunnyb xxx

Thank all! I've decided to start my maternity leave sooner so Im finishing on Friday. I would finish staright away but I want to say goodbye to my class and have a nice couple of days with them before I go xx

That's great news, I think you're doing the right thing :dance: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back