• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bad day

sarah1

Reaction score
Hi girls

I'm having an awful day and after some kind of level headed advice really. We went back to work yesterday as I am a teacher (I'm a self employed music teacher so work from home and teach in schools etc). I love my job but don't work as many hours as I'd like to, so I've recently been offered another job which is not teaching... I applied for it cos it sounded easy and wasn't many hours.

It turns out that its not a specific no of hours each week so could be working lots more, and also requires a massive amount of training (I'm driving miles for a course over next few days). Also, I struggle a lot with my health, I have IBS which is very much stress-related and the symptoms of my PCOS cause depression a lot too. After my last pregnancy (mc) I thought IBS had gone completely but now it seems to be coming back. I'm really torn as to whether I should do the job, I'd just started dealing with all our fertility issues and feeling happy about myself, and now I'm so stressed out and worried about this job, and starting to feel back to my old self - ill and depressed.

I really dunno what to do. I'm really teary today I think the last week with the operation and stuff is just catching up with me. I haven't signed a contract for the job yet but would be reeeeeeeeeeally dropping them in it if I quit. The money isn't great, but it would make us a bit richer.

And the other issue of course is babies. I don't want to plan anything around babies cos we don't know when and if it'll happen....but I'd hate to learn all this job and then get pg and have to leave. Argh.

Help - what should I do?!

Sorry for the giant rant but I'm working in a bit and was in a right state needed to ask someone what to do! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Honestly Sarah, i don't think the second job is a good idea right now.

You are clearly suffering just at the thought of it and you need to tell them asap that you have had a change in circumstances and you could no longer do the position justice and just apologise.

Don't get them organising and paying for training on the off-chance you might feel better because i think it's just going to get worse considering the impact it's had already. Enable them to cut their losses.

The last thing you need is to put your phyiscal and mental welbeing at risk for something that doesn't sound essential.

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so overwhelmed :hug:

I agree with what Louise has said. If it's getting ontop of you just thinking about it, then it may be worse if you go ahead with it. Think of yourself, your health and wellbeing. More to life than money (easy to say I know) :hug: xx

Hi girls...thanks for advice and apologies for the meltdown!!! I didn't take the job, they were mega mega nice about it and completely understood. Phew. They did make me attend a little bit of training first just to make sure though!!! Still, no harm done I guess.

Thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sarah,

Sorry you're feeling down, how are you after the OP? :hugs::hugs:

Sound like you've done the right thing and your current job will be practical when you're preggers and a mummy.

If you're feeling depressed then I think there's a lot to be said for spending quality time with family and friends, make an effort and get out and have some fun, I've just been away with my friend, and she said stop going off the radar when something's wrong and she's right, I probably shouldn't have gone away as I had loads on work wise but I thought sod it and I feel so much better for it and having girly fun made me feel better, she's also a good influence as she's as laid back and as positive as they come!

I think you may be getting more stressed as you don't have a plan in place, get pestering them for that appointment I bet that will make you feel more positive.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back