Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)

ERIN84

Reaction score
I am six weeks pregnant and just been diagnosed with BV. Have been looking on the internet about it (not Always the best thing to do - i know!) and been reading that it increases your chances of miscarriage and premature labour. i have been given antibiotics to take from my local GUM clinic but am very worried as my hubby and I have been waiting ages to get pregnant. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Erin xxx

I am a repeat sufferer of BV. I have had it during my all pregnancies too and I'm lucky to never have had a MC. Try not to worry and DONT GOOGLE!! :D :hug:

i know, its the worst thing you can do! Thanks, you have made me feel a bit better about it!!!

I'm sure you'll be fine. I've been plagued with it for years and we've been blessed to be able to conceive quickly and carry them all to term :)

Hi and welcome :hug: Have never suffered from BV but didn't want to read and run.. But like the others said stay away from google lol xx

Hi and welcome to PF! My friend has had BV all throughout her pregnancy. She has carried to term and is in labour as we speak. Make sure you take your pills and keep away from google, its evil for us preggo's lol xx

Google is evil stay away, Don't have any experience but didn't want to read and run :hug:

Thanks guys! Im going to take the antibiotics and not look on net!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me! xxx

I too have had BV for years on and off. It seems to thrive in me!!:roll: Take your pills but make sure yougo back if it doesn't clear up.

I was diagnosed with it after our youngest wwas born and when i asked what it was, the MW, announced in front of my husband that it was a sexually transmitted infection (which it's not!!) that was awkward until we managed to google it and find out the truth! Some people should think before they open their mouths!:)

i was definitly told its not sexually transmitted as i KNOW its not as i have been with my hubby for 6 years and are both completely faithfull but i can understand why that was difficult for you! You would think someone like a MW would know her facts correctly! xxx

BV can be transmitted sexually but it's not generally. I remember the first time I was told I had it...I was mortified and totally gutted as I knew I was being faithful but it made me think my BF wasnt!]

The reason I get it repeatedly is over washing. It's a vicious cycle because I over wash because I am paranoid about being clean, then I remove all the natural flora which leads to BV and then I start to be able to smell myself so I wash even more making the problem worse! :doh: Do I learn? Do I fiddle sticks!

When I asked at the GUM Clinic, I was told it wasn't considered a sti. It was horrible though, I knew I hadn't been unfaithful, and my partner knew he hadn't been unfaithful, but for a second there was that seed of doubt about each other!

Exactly! I think they need to be careful when they start bandying STI about dont they!

I was wondering if I had this as Ive had a stronger smelling watery cm lately (tmi) but no itching or anything else. Ive read this can happen in pregnancy anyway due to hormones etc. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back