Back up birthing partner.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Just read star fish's birth plan and it got me thinking.

Does everyone else have a back up to call if you cant get hold of ur OH/birth partner when you go into labour.

I actually havent got a clue who i'd phone. My mum's hours away, so she's out, not exactly close with MIL so i think that would stress me out - and i'd guess most of my friends will prob be at work!!

What's everyone else planning to do.

xxx

Haven't got a back up, my sister is off work looking after her 4 and 21 month olds so I guess I could call her but don't think it'd be that convenient for her really trying to arrange last minute childcare. Tbh my midwife didn't even mention having a back-up and it wasn't on my birth plan

Will maybe just see what happens, and figure out who to call based on who's where at the time. lol
xxx

I have 3 options my mum, my mil or a friend of mine. None of which are particularly close (my mil is but she's disabled so would depend if my fil is around or not) big issue for me as my OH works away a lot :|

Mine doesnt work away technically - but if he's out at a clients, he's not great for answering his phone, and if it was really bad timing he could be on a coast guard call out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back