Birthing partner

toni64539

Reaction score
Just had the most wonderful (and scary) experience ever yesterday. My friend asked me to be her birthing partner along with her husband for baby number two, and we got the phone call yesterday morning at 3:00 am, her waters had broken, went straight to the hospital. It was amazing to go through the whole birthing thing with her and hubby. Such a relaxed, straight forward, calm delivery, she did so well and I have never cried so much in my life. I wanted to make it as special as possible for her, massaging her feet, shoulders etc, I took mags, chocolates energy drinks and of course champagne for after. It was so fabulous. She had a little girl called Minnie May and I just had to share it with you all. It really makes me want to get pregnant again now!!!! I hate this waiting!!!!! Has anyone else ever been a birth partner for anyone?

awww i know how u feel.... i have had 6 babies n my mate 7 but her 8th she had no partner with one thing or another (prison) as i was her besty mate i was asked and omfg i was sooo excited wen she got to 36 weeks txt each dsay hehe she has nevergone over n eiother been rarly or had on the day n that day wasn it hhehehe soooo... i text at 11 she say no its fine just bh hahah soo i drops off .................... bringbring ha my mate at 12 says jo come now i jumo up go in pjs 4 mins walk ambulance there ready hehe we go hossy she 6 cms then she gets sorted i get calm etc bla bla next thing she is in agony so i know baby coming hehe calls mw to come nb yes she ready to push and 5 mins later he gets stuck n panic oanic quik quik ............bby born and omfg the best thing ever i have seen in my lifee!! xxx

Well a massive congratulations to your friend!

My sister wanted me to be her birthing partner 4 years ago for her second so me and my mum went over to see her as she lived in N.Ireland then. She wasnt going and had to be induced 6 days late...i had to go home as i had exams so i missed everything :(

How lovely, I bet it was the best experience! I've never been at any birth & I imagine I'll only ever be at my own.

My bf is due Easter Sunday & I can't wait to see her little bubba, she doesn't know what she's having.

Xx

Awwww how lovely that you were part of it and what a cute name! :)

I was with my mum when she had my brother when i was 14. She had a water birth with candles and relaxing music and it was the most amazing experience. Although it was a long time ago now I've never forgotton it x

Last edited:
I would just love to be a birthing partner. I had all my children via c section so even though Im a Mother of 3 I have never witnessed a vaginal delivery lol.

I would probably be a sobbing mess though haha, even watching birth scenes on tv makes me all soppy!

I was birthing partner for my friend twice and it was a wonderful experience. I did blub ALOT though!xx

I was watching One Born Every Minute with my mum, one of the girls had her mum and partner with her so I said to my mum that that's what I would like. She said no she doesn't want to be there, she doesn't want to know when my waters break, doesn't want to know if I am in labour, doesn't want to know anything until the baby has arrived. I'd be too worried to ask her for real now!

Awwwwwww how nice!

I was suppoesed to be my bestie's birthing partner when my nephew was born but she had him at 4am and I had college exams also - plus her bf is a bit of a loon ball and didnt want me there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back