Mummy Back to Work : (

xNataliex

Reaction score
I'm back to work in 5 short weeks and am already getting upset. I will be the main breadwinner as I earn more so my husband will be at home full time. I don't mind this at all but I'm feeling sad about maybe having to give up BF and being too tired in the evenings to have quality time with Joey. I'm a medical sales rep and so have long hours and time away from home.

How did you cope with going back to work? I feel like our little bond is already being broken as his daddy takes more share to get used to things :cry: :cry:

aww hun. sorry no advise yet, im due to go back in 2 weeks :cry: im quite lucky in a way though. where i was signed off when pg, ive got 32 days holiday to take before the end of the year!! i only need to work three days a week and still have 2 weeks (ish) off!!!

im going to make sure that me and alice still have something we do every week together - like go swimming or something. Plus im going to do every bed time routine. Alice is going to my mums, and my OH works from home, but he will have her every tuesday afternoon.

Part of me can't wait. Get into some sort of routine again, but most of me wants to do what ive found im best at and love - being a mum 24 hours a day.

as for breastfeeding - alice is forumla fed and is down to 3 bottles a day - you may be able to give a morning feed and an evening feed from you, plus any night feeds. You could express and he will still get all your goodness. :think: im not sure though, as im not sure how much bf babies feed at this point and beyond.

I'm hoping to eeek out the cash until my daughter is a year old - but we'll see. I desperately don't want to go back at all. I want to have another baby!

I really feel for you Natalie - good luck. Make sure you make the most of the next 5 weeks and don't feel too sad - do some fun things like swimming, visiting people - otherwise you might mope around the house, I know I would.

I agree with Sam about keeping up with b/feeding - it might be really difficult with you being away from home a lot and you might have to express and dump often to keep up your supply - but I suspect that still being able to do feed when you are at home would make the family transition easier - even if your OH had to use formula (unless you could build up a massive supply in the freezer over the next few weeks?) while you were away.

:hug: to you.

Valentine xxx

oh no! :(
i dont wanna go back 2 work at all. work sux

hey its ok

i went back to work last week i do 2 days a week (12 and half hour shifts) i was absolutely dreading it and felt sick at the propect of leaving luke but it is fine. my days off we have great fun we do more quality things together and i think he also feels the same ( :lol: i know hes only 7 months old!) its great you have your husband to look after your LO you don't have to leave joey with a stranger.

its great the smile they give you when they haven't seen you all day, that gives you enough motivation to play and spend time with them before bed.

i actually feel great being something other than a mummy too its so worthwhile to think others need you and respect you as well.

i promise you will be fine but it is the thought of it that is worse. let me know how you get on x

rusks said:
its great the smile they give you when they haven't seen you all day, that gives you enough motivation to play and spend time with them before bed.

i actually feel great being something other than a mummy too its so worthwhile to think others need you and respect you as well.

I totally agree with all the above. I am back working only one day a week, I'd rather not, but it is good when you come home and you've really missed LO.

I too am the main bread winner, I am back full time and I was dreading it...but you know what its ok!!

I love my job anyway so that made it easier

I miss her like mad but I know she is happy where she is-2.5 days with my mum, an afternoon wih OHs mum and 2 days in nursery so she has a good mix, and is really happy when I drop her off.

I get butterflies in my tummy every day at 4pm when I know the time is coming to go get her, and her little face when she sees me makes it all worth it

Just enjoy every second of the time you still have left :hug:

Rubys mummy said:
I get butterflies in my tummy every day at 4pm when I know the time is coming to go get her

That made me feel all teary!

Xxx

I can't really comment because i'm not going back to work until he goes to school at 5 but I just wanted to send you a massive hug hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back