Back pain this early?!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Cathrine, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cathrine

Cathrine Well-Known Member

Hello ladies !

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and work a job where I'm on my feet a lot! I swim for half an hour to an hour almost every day and walk my dogs. I was also in good shape prior to becoming pregnant. My problem is just my back. It's tight all the time and just seems "tired" with no real comfort to find. Is that normal so early on? If so, is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you so much in advance :)

2. MrsB2105

MrsB2105 Well-Known Member

Take paracetamol and get your midwife or GP to refer you to physio, I work on my feet and it troubled me a lot. But physio helped x

#2 MrsB2105, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  3. Tigeress

Tigeress Well-Known Member

I wake up with a horrible backache at the moment. I don't know if it's my mattress but it stays with me all day to xxx

4. MrsB2105

I found sleeping in a different position made things worse, I'm a tummy sleeper and my husband ended going out buying memory foam mattress topper and a pillow for me as it made everything ache to be on my side. X

5. Tigeress

Tigeress Well-Known Member

Oooh I have been sleeping differently mrsb, maybe that could be the reason xx

6. MrsB2105

I found that the memory foam stuff plus a pregnancy pillow really helped until I got too big to fit a cushion under my bump lol x

7. Prettypee

Prettypee Well-Known Member

Lower back pain will come and go throughout the journey I'm afraid - not too early. A pregnancy pillow definitely helped me. Physio can help too although I was told I.couldnt have it on the NHS as waiting list length would be after due date. xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

8. MrsB2105

That's a bit harsh of them, my physio basically told me to get a ball and sit on it and do gentle rocking back and forth, and side to side x

9. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

Hey
    I had back ache bad during the 2nd tri more so than in my third tri and got referred to the physio. Didn't really do much except give me a support belt to wear when walking or sleeping but sleeping with a pregnancy pillow does help. It won't be forever :)