Not this early on ... surely?!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

For the past 2 days I have an an hour or so where I get really sharp stich like pains in my belly. It comes and goes for about an hour and then its gone.

Could this be braxton hicks or is it waaaay too early for them and it's simply baby pressing on a nerve or something?

Some times it's pretty sore and makes me hold my breath?!

Any help? :)

xxx

I'm not sure Hun. I've read some girls on here have had them early. I haven't felt any so far. Hopefully someone on here will know.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I am not sure either tbh hun....Braxton hicks are not supposed to hurt.... when I get them I can feel the whole of my uterus contracting - It feels like a have a ball in my tummy for about 45 sec it's not painful but if I bend down to get something it's bloody uncomfortable! lol

Pregnancy does come with loads of aches and pains that no one tells you about! I am sure it's just another one of them things however if you are worried as always phone your Doc or Midwife (If you do let us know what they say) xx

It maybe, I haven't had any yet (not that I would reconise them if I had lol :lol:

Last edited:
I was getting stitch pains on one side on and off today...don't think mine were BH though xx

Stretching pain! I had some about ten days ago that made me gasp! And start to panic!! I phoned midwife and she said stretching but I still went to see community midwife to check heartbeat. She also said it was stretching and the top of my uterus had moved up since my 16 week check.

Xx

Thanks girls! :)

I didn't think it was anything to worry about, I just wanted to see if any of you are experiencing the pains coz they're blooming sore sometimes!

Baby is defo sitting on my bladder today, I might aswell move into the toilet! lol

xxx

sounds like stretching pains to me. I was rushed to a&e in an ambulance becaus ei was having really bad pains in my stomach....doctor did loads of tests and just turned out i was pregnant. They said everyone will get them at different times in pregnancy and different intensity. Nothing to worry about. just ur belly making room for the littlen x

Glad everything is OK Claire - some of the pain get take your breath away can't they!

xx

Just seen this thread, I had exactly the same and went to a&e and thet said it was gastric inflammotry and stretching. I was terrified when I was having the pains I'm glad everything is ok for u ! X

Braxton hips.. I hear about it but have never looked it up, what does it mean..? Stupid I know x

braxton Hicks are like fake contractions, sort of just preparing you for labour. Although some women dont even notice them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back